Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Family finder Batch 605

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Thanks for the feedback bjs and Larzus.

    I still have not recieved a response to my first or second email. In addition, when I called, the rep couldn't tell me why it was delayed and said he would email me. He didn't.

    On the up side, my new found cousin took the test (two batches after ours). His results came in and he is a match to someone else we are working with.

    Comment


    • #47
      I have now put in a support ticket for my FF 605 kit. It is clearly late and there is no revised completion time. It will be interesting to see how long the response takes.

      Comment


      • #48
        Just to update, still nothing on my FF 605 kit. No My Origins showing yet, and the predicted completion date still says 02/04/2015 - 02/18/2015.

        I haven't heard back from the submission of the support ticket but it's still early days. I assume it was received and they are still working through earlier support requests.

        Just wondering if any of the others waiting for overdue FF 605 kits have heard anything yet?

        Comment


        • #49
          Also still waiting on FF in batch 605.

          Comment


          • #50
            Good Luck

            I've been waiting on a Batch 603 Y37 that I ordered 12/7. I think there are still a lot of people in 59X batches still waiting. Let's hope this company starts working around the clock.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Buckeye Tree View Post
              I think there are still a lot of people in 59X batches still waiting. Let's hope this company starts working around the clock.
              Yes, I am one of these people waiting for batch 598!

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by larzus View Post
                Just to update, still nothing on my FF 605 kit. No My Origins showing yet, and the predicted completion date still says 02/04/2015 - 02/18/2015.

                I haven't heard back from the submission of the support ticket but it's still early days. I assume it was received and they are still working through earlier support requests.

                Just wondering if any of the others waiting for overdue FF 605 kits have heard anything yet?
                Yes, I'm still waiting for FF batch 605 as well. Customer support really did try to help but they aren't sure why there's a delay. Last week they said 2-3 weeks.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Origins are now in on my FF605.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Origins and raw data became available today.
                    It's not displayed though. Go to MY DNA -> Family Finder -> my Origins
                    Last edited by Tali; 3 March 2015, 12:56 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Origins and raw data are available for me too. Just came through today .

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Don't Get Too Excited

                        Originally posted by larzus View Post
                        Origins and raw data are available for me too. Just came through today .
                        They finally decided to update the estimated date. Here's what they wrote:

                        03/25/2015 - 04/08/2015 Results for your order have been delayed. We have updated your predicted completion date, and action by you is not usually required. Note that predicted dates are an estimate and subject to lab volume and quality control./end

                        How is this possible if they put the raw data on my account? Does that mean the raw data is flawed?

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Tali View Post
                          They finally decided to update the estimated date. Here's what they wrote:

                          03/25/2015 - 04/08/2015 Results for your order have been delayed. We have updated your predicted completion date, and action by you is not usually required. Note that predicted dates are an estimate and subject to lab volume and quality control./end

                          How is this possible if they put the raw data on my account? Does that mean the raw data is flawed?
                          Last month, Darren has posted FTDNA management explanation that ETA updates are automated and that individual kits are not monitored. Until the kit is marked as completed, the automated process would (not might) be adjusting the ETA every x weeks, based on some criteria.

                          I did not pay attention to the details, as I am hoping that FTDNA moves to tracking individual tests/kits.

                          W. (Mr.)

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by dna View Post
                            Last month, Darren has posted FTDNA management explanation that ETA updates are automated and that individual kits are not monitored. Until the kit is marked as completed, the automated process would (not might) be adjusting the ETA every x weeks, based on some criteria.

                            I did not pay attention to the details, as I am hoping that FTDNA moves to tracking individual tests/kits.

                            W. (Mr.)
                            Thanks. The raw data is available and I already uploaded it to a 3rd party tool. Is that data okay or is it possible that my raw data may be different with the end result?

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Tali View Post
                              Thanks. The raw data is available and I already uploaded it to a 3rd party tool. Is that data okay or is it possible that my raw data may be different with the end result?
                              I do not know how the exact process works. However, specifically for the Family Finder test I did not notice people reporting any changes to the raw data after the processing was fully completed.

                              For the Y STR tests, I would recommend waiting for results from all the panels and for the haplogroup prediction. Again, only based on the feedback from the forum.

                              W. (Mr.)

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by dna View Post
                                I do not know how the exact process works. However, specifically for the Family Finder test I did not notice people reporting any changes to the raw data after the processing was fully completed.


                                W. (Mr.)
                                Yes, it was the Family Finder. Thnx

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X