Batch 593?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch 593?

Is there anyone else on here who shares my batch?

I ordered the Y-DNA12 product back in October. My result completion timeframe has once again been delayed (now at 3-5 weeks), and some strange stuff has been happening around my home page.

For instance, about three weeks ago, the "Y-DNA Haplogroup" tab went from "Get Yours!" to a blank transparent space. It stayed that way for about a week until returning to its original appearance.

Also, about three days ago, I was delighted to have seen that my results had been completed, and all the corresponding tabs were present on my home page. However, when I clicked the "Y-STR Results" tab, it showed "Awaiting Lab Results" beneath the Panel One header. Everything disappeared and was back to the waiting page the following day.

Any other 593ers experiencing these odd happenings? Anyone receiving their results?
    Last edited by sheepslayer; 21 January 2015, 04:55 PM. Reason: left out some info

Originally posted by sheepslayer View Post
    [----] For instance, about three weeks ago, the "Y-DNA Haplogroup" tab went from "Get Yours!" to a blank transparent space. It stayed that way for about a week until returning to its original appearance. [----]
    That particular issue was caused by a system upgrade. Other parts of the database, and consequently of the website, that were related to Y DNA stopped working too. FTDNA confirmed the cause after the havoc was seen by many.

W.

Comment

Ah, thanks. That makes sense, now that I think about it.

Also, my Awaiting Results page now has a precise date frame instead of a week range.
      "02/04/2015 - 02/18/2015"
      Hope this is legit, wish me luck.

Comment

Originally posted by sheepslayer View Post
        Ah, thanks. That makes sense, now that I think about it.

Also, my Awaiting Results page now has a precise date frame instead of a week range.
        "02/04/2015 - 02/18/2015"
        Hope this is legit, wish me luck.
        I wish

The date reporting format is now in the agreement with what was being presented to Project Administrators (dates not weeks).

I think that is a move in the right direction. Psychologically, seeing for many months the ETA being exactly two weeks from the current date is not the same as the completion date being postponed every week or two...

W.
        Last edited by dna; 22 January 2015, 06:05 PM.

Comment

I'm in the same batch and I show the same dates. Don't bother trying to contact FTDNA to get any update on your results. All you will get is a canned response. For some reason they are completing tests sent in after ours.

Comment

Working...
          X