Batch 602

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gerlyons View Post
    No results and new dates posted. The new possible expected date is 5-20-2015 to 6-3-2015. At this rate it could 6 months for results.
    New message to go along with the date change.

"Your sample has failed to pass quality control at least once. If we have additional sample, we are already retesting. If we do not have sample, we have sent you an email with instructions. You may also request information by sending a request and choosing the Test Status category here: https://www.familytreedna.com/contact.aspx#contactForm"

It only took about 20 weeks to figure that out, so I guess it will be another couple months before I hear anything new unless they respond to one on my contact form requests.

Comment

• Call and ask to speak to a supervisor. Be very firm (not angry). They need customer service reps which handle delayed test results (four months or longer) who have access to get real answers. There are some new customers who think they are supposed to get results in six to eight weeks. I'm afraid they are in 'la la' land and need to join the real world. Until a Y test has gone four months there should be no yelling. After ten weeks for a FF test then there can be yelling. :-)
      Last edited by Tenn4ever; 2 May 2015, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tenn4ever View Post
        There are some new customers who think they are supposed to get results in six to eight weeks. I'm afraid they are in 'la la' land and need to join the real world. Until a Y test has gone four months there should be no yelling. After ten weeks for a FF test then there can be yelling. :-)
        Come on, stop lying to people, it used to be 9 days, not in la-la-land but in reality: http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...9&postcount=20
        My question is, what do you intend with your lies?

I myself waited from November until April for Y37. Like someone else said, this is not only disappointing, this is disgusting. But even more disgusting are lies.
        Last edited by E19463; 2 May 2015, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by E19463 View Post
          Come on, stop lying to people, it used to be 9 days, not in la-la-land but in reality: http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...9&postcount=20
          My question is, what do you intend with your lies?

I myself waited from November until April for Y37. Like someone else said, this is not only disappointing, this is disgusting. But even more disgusting are lies.
          I'm not lying to people. I don't appreciate you saying that: Here's from the FAQ page: After I return the kit, how long will results take?

As of April 29, 2015, current test times are estimated to be:

[B]Family Finder – 5 to 6 weeks[/B

mtDNA – 10 to 11 weeks

Y-DNA – 10 to 13 weeks

Big Y – 8 to 9 weeks

SNPs – 8 to 9 weeks

So, as far as the Y test goes no one should start complaining about Y test delays until after approximately 14 weeks....that's 3 1/2 months. The FAQs say 10 -13 weeks. My remarks were about people complaining about Y tests not coming in after 6 - 8 weeks and you called me a liar. I think you owe me an apology considering the FAQs support my supposition that people are in 'la la' land if they think they are going to get Y results is 6 - 8 weeks. So what if there is one or two that may get their results sooner that is entirely out of the norm.

Family Finder is 6 weeks. Two years ago when I first took the test it was 8 weeks. I get tired of people raising the roof after 4 weeks. That's not what the FAQs say. You were entirely out of line calling me a liar.
          Last edited by Tenn4ever; 2 May 2015, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tenn4ever View Post
            I'm not lying to people...
            You disregard the negative experiences of customers. Even worse you do not tell the truth about the past when it comes to rightful expectations of customers who read about delivery times in days in the past and not in many weeks or even in months like nowadays:
            http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...8&postcount=17

Please stop telling frustrated people they live in lala-land when all they have is rightful expectations. Your reaction will lead people to turn their back to FTDNA because they should not feel like living in lala-land when asking for decent delivery times. You do no good neither to FTDNA nor their customers.
            Last edited by E19463; 3 May 2015, 12:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by E19463 View Post
              You disregard the negative experiences of customers. Even worse you do not tell the truth about the past when it comes to rightful expectations of customers who read about delivery times in days in the past and not in many weeks or even in months like nowadays:
              http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...8&postcount=17

Please stop telling frustrated people they live in lala-land when all they have is rightful expectations. Your reaction will lead people to turn their back to FTDNA because they should not feel like living in lala-land when asking for decent delivery times. You do no good neither to FTDNA nor their customers.

I’d like to point out that this is a thread about Batch 602.

Many people, especially members of Batch 602, have reason to be more than a little unhappy at FTDNA’s delays on processing Y-DNA tests. The backlog and supplier issues have been bad enough without the added insult of seeing people from later batches receive their results first.

While the wait time may have been as low as 4 - 6 weeks in the past, that is no longer the case, and it is unrealistic to expect Y-DNA results to post within 4 weeks when the website says otherwise. Earlier this year, the website’s FAQ said results would take between 12 and 15 weeks. Unfortunately, customers are being given unrealistic due dates on the “Awaiting Lab Results” page, and that is where some of the disconnect and unhappiness stems from.

Please cease calling someone with whom you disagree a liar. He is not lying when he refers to the time estimates that have been posted on FTDNA’s FAQ page. If your problem is that FTDNA no longer processes Y-DNA tests as quickly as they once did, your problem is with FTDNA, and not with lying.

Comment

• Bulbahad, thank you for telling the poster he should not call me a liar. What in the world he was thinking...I don't know. I couldn't figure out what I was lying about.

E19463, this is for you:

I can speak from some experience.

I have purchased 10 Family Finder kits for myself, husband and several cousins from all branches of my family. I have many, many more cousins (who I know or are acquainted with personally) than those ten who have purchased Family Finer kits. Plus, many cousins who have gone through 23&Me and a few who have used Ancestry (I tested there also several years ago as a Beta tester…..the autosomal took three months).

I have purchased five Y37 tests, one Y67 test, one Y67 upgrade test and one Y111 upgrade test and numerous SNP tests.

I have purchased one FMS mtDNA test and the full professional report.

Mostly, I have been very satisfied with the time parameters on the dates of the results. However, I would not advise anyone who is simply trying to extend their family lines to pay for the relatively expensive FMS mtDNA test. I’ve found it not helpful and the report (expensive) although interesting from an anthropologic standpoint, I would not order again. You can find the same thing on the Web with a little research as far as the report goes.

I have not been satisfied at all with the time that it took to receive my last three Y test results.

A Y37 Batch 596, batched 11/13/2014, test results received 2/26/2015…….15 weeks…..I began griping shortly after 12 weeks.

A Y37 Batch 590, batched 10/02/2014, test results received 12/30/2015……..12 ½ weeks…this one upset me because I wanted to take advantage of the big December sale and I was not going to order an upgrade until these results came in. They just barely came in time for me to order an upgrade with a very slight savings. I might add this is the only test I have ordered with a savings. All of the other kits and tests have been ordered at the regular price.

A Y111 upgrade Batch 603 batched 1/1/2015 and results received after much angst and griping on 5/1/2015……17 ½ weeks (over four months). Totally unexceptable.

It appears to me that the Y tests are the big problem in backlogs. Any kit which has gone past the date which is presented in the FAQs should receive a personal email…not a canned message. Tests in later batches should not be processed out of order to make the company look good. There should be customer service reps assigned to a special department which handles these problems…not only in the written communication area but the phones. I used to work in customer service for a computer software company and for a while worked in a department like this (and, yes, it was NO fun). These are the sticky cases and they have to be handled on a personal level. These special customer service reps for FTDNA should have more access to what is going on with individual kits. Plus, these cases should not be passed on by the regular customer service reps to the special reps until certain strict criteria are met for instance someone complaining why they haven’t received their FF (autosomal) results after six weeks which is right at the cutoff date should not be passed on. They need to wait at least another two weeks before they are passed to a special rep.

The ‘la la land’ phrase comes from someone not living in the reality of the situation. Look at the FAQ page for length of time expected for your test results (from batch time….not received by lab time) then forget it until the last date has passed. Then you can start getting antsy and even a little gripey . Keep in mind that ‘yesterday is gone’…look at the expected test result time frames as they are now on the FAQ page not what they were a year ago or even when you first ordered your test kit.

There was no reason for you to get so testy over someone else’s opinion especially someone who has spent thousands of dollars on the company (and willing to spend more) and who has good experiences with the company but also negative experiences. I will always tell it like it is and I don’t appreciate your “German” personality and attitude (I am 1/8 th German so I know what you are like and will go toe to toe with you).
                Last edited by Tenn4ever; 3 May 2015, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• This is really become ridiculous. My dads 111 marker upgrade just got bump again. It is now showing 6/10 to 6/24 for a possible result date. I have received every excuse possible and no two are alike. I getting ready to give up on ever getting results from FTDNA. The original test batched late December 2014 and just keeps get delayed over and over.

Comment

• more delays

I just got delayed again today. FTDNA is losing a lot of clients due to these endless delays. My initial results were expected in April, then May, now June

Comment

• Originally posted by 263026 View Post
                      kit 333222

Y-DNA 37-67
                      Ordered 12/17/2014 602
                      Batched 12/25/2014 602
                      Completed Pending 602

new "Expected Date" 05/20/2015 - 06/03/2015
                      ready

12/25/2014 -- 05/15/2015
                      incredibly

Comment