No announcement yet.

Batch 602

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three times in the past week I've seen people post about a delay message only to get results within a day or so. I think the delay messages are automated and bear no relation to the actual kit status. Reality could be better or far worse. I think the next couple of days will tell a more about the real story ...

Comment

I'm still hoping for results tomorrow, but obviously this new message is different then previous. I'm sure they just want to be more conservative with their timetables, which would have been great from the start.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeP View Post
        Three times in the past week I've seen people post about a delay message only to get results within a day or so. I think the delay messages are automated and bear no relation to the actual kit status. Reality could be better or far worse. I think the next couple of days will tell a more about the real story ...
        Yes, that happened to me with another kit in an earlier batch. One day the deadline was extended and then the very next day the results came in. Hope you all in 602 will get your results in the next couple days because I'm in 603

Comment

My dad's Y came in last evening. 2.5 months is reasonable to me for Y, maybe they should start just telling people it will take approximately that long.

Comment

My results came in last night, with some interesting markers.. Going to have to do some reading now!

Comment

sas377, What batch? I know that RandyZie is in 602 from a recent post of his. These numbers are helpful to the rest of us who are waiting. I'm hoping this week will show a 603 or two ... but time will tell ...

Comment

Originally posted by sas377 View Post
                My dad's Y came in last evening. 2.5 months is reasonable to me for Y, maybe they should start just telling people it will take approximately that long.
                The website has appeared to update itself to say Y DNA will take up to 12 weeks, as of Mar 11th.

https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/...-results-take/

Just sucks for those of us who got batched well before this change happened and we weren't expecting it to take 12 weeks. >:|

Comment

Originally posted by schnook View Post
                  The website has appeared to update itself to say Y DNA will take up to 12 weeks, as of Mar 11th.

https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/...-results-take/

Just sucks for those of us who got batched well before this change happened and we weren't expecting it to take 12 weeks. >:|
                  Don't understand this at all...why does a regular Y37 or an upgrade take 12 weeks when even the Big Y doesn't take as long.

Comment

Originally posted by Tenn4ever View Post
                    Don't understand this at all... why does a regular Y37 or an upgrade take 12 weeks when even the Big Y doesn't take as long.
                    Different technology.

Big Y results might contain locations that were unread, that is showing as Confidence having value of Unknown. That is already after multiple read attempts.

If an unread SNP is of importance, one would order that single SNP to be tested (and that test - in my understanding - is not using the same technology as Big Y).

W. (Mr.)

P.S.
                    The above does not compare running times, I just attempted to show that the tests are not easily comparable.

Comment

Originally posted by dna View Post
                      Different technology.

Big Y results might contain locations that were unread, that is showing as Confidence having value of Unknown. That is already after multiple read attempts.

If an unread SNP is of importance, one would order that single SNP to be tested (and that test - in my understanding - is not using the same technology as Big Y).

W. (Mr.)

P.S.
                      The above does not compare running times, I just attempted to show that the tests are not easily comparable.
                      Seems like most of the complaints are about Y testing . I don't understand the people who are complaining about not receiving family finder results in four or five weeks. When I first did the testing a couple years ago and other kits I had done at that time it always took six to eight weeks. I guess I don't have ANY empathy for those who start complaining about the family finder tests after four or five weeks.....I'm like, as Marie Antionette so famously said, "let them eat cake". They can wait for eight weeks like we used to have to do. What I DON'T like is that when the Y tests used to come in at three and four weeks and now it's three months or longer....that's unexceptable. BUY MORE EQUIPMENT OR TESTING COMPONENTS FOR GOODNESS SAKES. In my mind it's all about the bottom dollar. Reel them in with fast turn around results for the family finder and then get them to do more testing....not realizing they have taken the bait and now will have to wait for months and months for the next results. It's called a lock on the market and we are the fools.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeP View Post
                        sas377, What batch? I know that RandyZie is in 602 from a recent post of his. These numbers are helpful to the rest of us who are waiting. I'm hoping this week will show a 603 or two ... but time will tell ...

Comment

Originally posted by sas377 View Post
                          This is good news for us in batch 603 that 602 has started to come in .

Comment

Finally have all my Y tests done.

Waiting on mtDNA.

Comment

Anybody else in this batch for Y-DNA not got their results? I'm beginning to feel like the only one still waiting...

Comment

Sorry to double post but wanted to say I got a reply from the help desk saying my sample had to be re-run. Explains the delay, but I'm still pretty mad. Perhaps that's why some others haven't gotten their results either. Anyway, hope everybody else in this batch gets their results soon if they haven't already.

Comment

Working...
                                X