Can someone please PM me Bennett Greenspans personal email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone please PM me Bennett Greenspans personal email

Guys can someone please PM me Mr Greenspans email address.

I have emailed the help desk to ask that my entire account be wiped and deleted here and no one responded to this help request, or as before, even acknowledging that such a request was made.

I believe I will need to go to the top of the chain of command at this point.

Today is one of only 2 logins I have made in over a month - to see if they messaged me about closing the account - and now my entire FTDNA F.F. database first page is filled with alleged parent child matches who seem to have Finnish names.

If anyone can PM me that email for the boss, I would appreciate it.

Huge numbers of unrelated matches

You're not the only one with large numbers of obviously wrong parent-child matches (I've got over a page of them who supposedly share 100% of my DNA! An army of clones!) There's obviously some glitch, which I came here to try to find out about. I don't think it has anything to do with your request to remove your data!

Comment

Originally posted by susan_dakin View Post
      You're not the only one with large numbers of obviously wrong parent-child matches (I've got over a page of them who supposedly share 100% of my DNA! An army of clones!) There's obviously some glitch, which I came here to try to find out about. I don't think it has anything to do with your request to remove your data!
      I agree with you Mrs. Dakin, I doubt the two issues are related. I dont trust their system anymore. They have had Months now to fix the empty database in my My 'Origins' and it was like pulling teeth to get anyone to respond to me.. I only got a response via email after complaining here in the forums and the help desk had no record of most of the emails I sent to them.

The MyOrigins database issue was never fixed, and now I rather cruelly have a bunch of false parent child matches in my main database. I dont feel that they have staff, or adequate staff, who can service their customers.

My main concern now is that I dont want them in possession of any of my results, personal information or data.. of ANY sort.
      Last edited by Aperipatetic1; 7 January 2015, 08:43 PM.

Comment

SECOND REQUEST

Can someone who has the email for Bennett Greenspan please send it to me, or at this point post it.

I am so sick of trying to deal with this company. If anyone is a LinkdIn member and can get Greenspans personal email off of that site I would strongly appreciate it.

I cant get any response from anyone at this company and cannot get them to delete my account from their database.

Comment

Family Finder bug

From another thread on this forum:

This is what FTDNA posted on Facebook:

The Family Finder upload that finished today was a bit too eager to connect people and has produced some erroneous relationships. We have a programmer on it right now and will have the situation corrected as quickly as possible. We apologize for the confusion and frustration and appreciate your patience.

Comment

Originally posted by gtc View Post
            From another thread on this forum:
            The nonsense of their system giving me a bunch of parent child false matches right after I lost my father is the least of my complaints. It only confirms my opinions about the business.

Its virtually impossible in my exp to get them to make contact with you, respond, fix anything, nor do they seem to care from what I can tell. What I have gotten is excuses after great efforts to contact them and escalate. Excuses for why things dont work, excuses for why they cant get the system fixed, and I have basically become of the opinion that the company views itself as a sort of Y-dna monopoly in which you pretty much have to go through them, and for this reason they cant lose those Y customers. This does not apply to autosomal customers, but that may not be their profit generator anyway. Its been a generally bad exp, that turned awful at the end.

I will take this to the Better Business Bureau at this point, and get a refund as well, since I have now exhausted my options on this, and I dont care to waste anymore time trying to contact their staff.

Comment

I am just a customer who understands that DNA is not a simple 2+2=4 business. I am not in any other way affiliated with FTDNA.

By my estimates, at least 1000 tests are batched in the lab for FTDNA every week***. And only very, very few kit owners have negative experiences like you do. Not yours, but most of negative experiences are due to the nature of DNA testing, as it is more of unpredictable science and less of a routine 15 minutes express oil change in your car. Moreover, it appears to me that most customers are here for the results, and presentation of the results appears to be secondary to them...

Family Tree DNA seems to be entirely unprepared to handling exceptions in the process. E-mailing the company president does not seem to be an overkill, it is a gross overkill.

Contrary to your guesses, we are here not because FTDNA has a monopoly, but because of what you found lacking: ease of use and convenience. Also, I am so convinced that I am getting the right results, that I am not testing elsewhere to compare the values... OK, I am admitting, that it is not entirely my blind faith, I am testing siblings or children to double check the results.

W.

*** The lab is owned by the FTDNA parent company, and tests for FTDNA are not the only ones done by the lab.

Comment

Originally posted by dna View Post
                I am just a customer who understands that DNA is not a simple 2+2=4 business. I am not in any other way affiliated with FTDNA.

By my estimates, at least 1000 tests are batched in the lab for FTDNA every week***. And only very, very few kit owners have negative experiences like you do.
                I asked for a email, not for your opinion. I cannot prove it in your case, but I think that the folks who are heavily invested emotionally and financially in the company and its products will overlook almost anything and will hop at the chance to stifle any negative personal experiences because they have a personal stake in getting other people to participate and to test here instead of some venue that does not share a database.
                While many people have reported testing delays, mine is only a complaint over failure to repair my account, near total inability to get a response from or make contact with anyone who is from the help desk, and excuses instead of solutions. Your examples have no relevance.

Moreover, it appears to me that most customers are here for the results, and presentation of the results appears to be secondary to them...
                Contrary to your guesses, we are here not because FTDNA has a monopoly, but because of what you found lacking: ease of use and convenience.
                Who exactly is the major competitor. To my understanding they bought the competitor I tested with and then did not add my results into their own database from the now captive DNAH database. By the time I learned of a link to click to add my results and preserve them, a fairly short time after the takeover, the FTDNA link to preserve my results was dead.

There is nothing 'ease of use' about a product that consists primarily of online databases, in which a product database is gone totally blank, and no one will respond to your emails. When you take it to this forum, it finally gets a response which only consists of excuses and no date for a fix. You are then also told this is not a support forum and to go back to the help desk that seldom respond to your emails, and dont give you any case #, note that they received your email, or proof you even emailed them.

Im sorry, I can see from the constant presence you seem to manifest of this web site that this means a lot to you, and is very important to you, but the reality I have faced is not acceptable and the fact that this might not reflect well on a service you probably want to grow and prosper is not relevant. Best wishes and please go away. I am done with your constant desire to debate ad nauseum.. its your forum now. enjoy
                Last edited by Aperipatetic1; 8 January 2015, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Thanks to a user who shall be nameless I have a email in to Mr. Greenspan, hopefully he will resolve the matter of deleting my account and offering a partial refund.

Thanks to the user who helped me.

Comment

Originally posted by Aperipatetic1 View Post
                    Best wishes and please go away.

Comment

Originally posted by dna View Post
                      By my estimates, at least 1000 tests are batched in the lab for FTDNA every week***. And only very, very few kit owners have negative experiences like you do.
                      That is pure conjecture on your part.

The fact is that this forum alone is absolutely rife with complaints about the terrible service FTDNA provides, and the users on this forum represent only a fraction of FTDNA's total customers.

Family Tree DNA seems to be entirely unprepared to handling exceptions in the process. E-mailing the company president does not seem to be an overkill, it is a gross overkill.
                      In my experience, it is the only way to obtain anything close to a meaningful answer regarding customer service issues. Often, it has been the only way to even obtain a response.

Contrary to your guesses, we are here not because FTDNA has a monopoly...
                      Yeah, we pretty much are.

Comment

Originally posted by Aperipatetic1 View Post
                        I cannot prove it in your case, but I think that the folks who are heavily invested emotionally and financially in the company and its products will overlook almost anything and will hop at the chance to stifle any negative personal experiences because they have a personal stake in getting other people to participate and to test here instead of some venue that does not share a database.
                        Exactly.

Comment

I want to let everyone know that the entire issue has very graciously and fairly been fixed, and I want to express my sincere thanks to Mrs. Cloud at FTDNA.

Its fair to not only report problems but to offer thanks to the company and its staff when they quickly resolve things.

I have other issues right now and cant really continue pursuing genetics research so I am going to still be leaving the site, I do not know if that will wipe my forum account or not, but in either way I wanted to thank FTDNA staff for their attention and wish everyone here the best.

Comment

Working...
                          X