Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those awaiting Y results

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    We were told several times by their staff that this particular DNA sample was an excellent sample.

    I am not saying they do a poor job all the time - we have had some good experiences but the Y Test situation is inexcusable. If the problem was with processing the 1-12 markers as the company announced in early December, it seems like we would have received the results for the other 99 markers a month or more ago.

    Comment


    • #47
      Something New this AM

      Checked status this morning and now it shows this. The YSTR rows are new and this is their first appearance. They were not there yesterday. Does this mean anything?
      AWAITING TESTS
      Tests Lab Procedure Batch Expected
      Y-DNA37 Y-DNA1-12 Markers 598 1-2 Weeks
      Y-DNA37 Y-DNA13-25 Markers 598 1-2 Weeks
      Y-DNA37 Y-DNA26-37 Markers 598 1-2 Weeks
      Y-DNA37 YSTRFAS1 598
      Y-DNA37 YSTRFAS2 598
      Y-DNA37 YSTRNGS 598
      Y-DNA67 Y-DNA1-12 Markers 598 1-2 Weeks
      Y-DNA67 Y-DNA13-25 Markers 598 1-2 Weeks
      Y-DNA67 Y-DNA26-37 Markers 598 1-2 Weeks
      Y-DNA67 Y-DNA38-47 Markers 598 1-2 Weeks
      Y-DNA67 Y-DNA48-60 Markers 598 1-2 Weeks
      Y-DNA67 Y-DNA61-67 Markers 598 1-2 Weeks
      Y-DNA67 YSTRFAS1 598
      Y-DNA67 YSTRFAS2 598
      Y-DNA67 YSTRNGS 598

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by crhfish View Post
        But the best part of my search is that I learned the lab is in Houston. Its just 2.5 hours away from here so if I need to I can actually drive over and see if i can find anyone.
        I know and I live about 45 minutes NW. When I did one of my FF tests it sat in Houston PO for 6 days before FTDNA received it. I could have driven it to them a whole hell of a lot faster.

        Comment


        • #49
          ELDER Surname Project has new "STRNGS" test waiting

          Using Google today, I searched for those new entries "YSTRFAS1, YSTRFAS2, YSTRNGS"
          found now in the ELDER Surname project "PENDING" file. Found your Forum query.
          My file has an earlier batch #:
          ...Y-DNA12 YSTRFAS1 592 [Batch #592]
          ...Y-DNA12 YSTRFAS2 592 "
          ...Y-DNA12 YSTRNGS 592 "

          ELDER DNA webpage:
          http://www.familytreedna.com/public/Elder

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by nancyelder View Post
            Using Google today, I searched for those new entries "YSTRFAS1, YSTRFAS2, YSTRNGS"
            found now in the ELDER Surname project "PENDING" file. Found your Forum query.
            My file has an earlier batch #:
            ...Y-DNA12 YSTRFAS1 592 [Batch #592]
            ...Y-DNA12 YSTRFAS2 592 "
            ...Y-DNA12 YSTRNGS 592 "

            ELDER DNA webpage:
            http://www.familytreedna.com/public/Elder
            Did these just show up today on yours?

            Comment


            • #51
              A little digging

              Doing a little digging I would bet these new items are related to the upgrade/change they made because of the supply issue. I found a great article on the NGS Illumina system and what it is actually capable of doing. Which includes not only WGS but isolated SNP and STR sequencing so I am wondering if they have upgraded their system to use the NGS system they already had employed last year. If that is the case I would expect to see a vast improvement in turnaround since that type of system seems to be able to handle a heck of a lot of throughput.

              http://www.illumina.com/content/dam/..._forensics.pdf

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Dna-donut View Post
                Doing a little digging I would bet these new items are related to the upgrade/change they made because of the supply issue. I found a great article on the NGS Illumina system and what it is actually capable of doing. Which includes not only WGS but isolated SNP and STR sequencing so I am wondering if they have upgraded their system to use the NGS system they already had employed last year. If that is the case I would expect to see a vast improvement in turnaround since that type of system seems to be able to handle a heck of a lot of throughput.

                http://www.illumina.com/content/dam/..._forensics.pdf
                Also found this which goes over the process and what machines are actually being used. Which does indeed prove they have the NGS system.

                http://www.ancestorcentral.com/get-y...-tree-dna-lab/

                Comment


                • #53
                  YSTRFAS1
                  YSTRFAS2
                  YSTRNGS

                  These new procedures do not have expected dates. Yes, I can see them too, but not on all of the pending kits (yet?).

                  Let's wait for the official explanation...

                  W.

                  P.S. I wonder why all the test from Y-12, to Y-111 have the same set of three tests...

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by dna View Post
                    YSTRFAS1
                    P.S. I wonder why all the test from Y-12, to Y-111 have the same set of three tests...
                    My guess would be they are the new protocols used for the scans which would be universal for all Y Str tests. But as you said perhaps we will get an explanation.

                    From what I read the NGS system has the availability of multiplex scanning, ie scanning STR, SNP and MTDNA all within a single scan, and if that is the case perhaps this nomenclature is what is used to differentiate the Y Str scans versus the others.
                    Last edited by Dna-donut; 14 January 2015, 02:06 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      WTF???????

                      Now they are gone!

                      Wow

                      AWAITING TESTS
                      Tests Lab Procedure Batch Expected Notes
                      Y-DNA37 Y-DNA1-12 Markers 598 1-2 Weeks
                      Y-DNA37 Y-DNA13-25 Markers 598 1-2 Weeks
                      Y-DNA37 Y-DNA26-37 Markers 598 1-2 Weeks
                      Y-DNA67 Y-DNA1-12 Markers 598 1-2 Weeks
                      Y-DNA67 Y-DNA13-25 Markers 598 1-2 Weeks
                      Y-DNA67 Y-DNA26-37 Markers 598 1-2 Weeks
                      Y-DNA67 Y-DNA38-47 Markers 598 1-2 Weeks
                      Y-DNA67 Y-DNA48-60 Markers 598 1-2 Weeks
                      Y-DNA67 Y-DNA61-67 Markers 598 1-2 Weeks

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        FAS

                        One thing I did see was that on the Illumina website they call Field Application Specialists "FAS". Could these momentary little Acronyms that showed be part of field testing they are performing with the aid of one or two Field Application Specialists, hence FAS1 and FAS2? I would still bet the NGS is related to the Next Gen Sequencing system.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          I can still see them, but only in GAP (Group Administrator Page), when looking at Pending Lab Results table.

                          Not in on the page https://my.familytreedna.com/awaiting-results.aspx for the same individual.

                          W.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Countdown Reset again

                            For the third freakin' time since batch date Oct 2, 2014, y12 test is now saying 5-7 weeks!!!!!!!


                            Five months wait for a y12 is ridiculous.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by ajmr1a1 View Post
                              For the third freakin' time since batch date Oct 2, 2014, y12 test is now saying 5-7 weeks!!!!!!!


                              Five months wait for a y12 is ridiculous.
                              Yes, I'm in batch 590, batched 10/2 waiting for my husband's Y37. I have now given up hope after today's date change to 5-7 weeks.

                              I asked Customer Service some questions about the test, and they sent a canned response 3 weeks later, never really answering my questions, but telling me they didn't know when the test would be completed.

                              Really? You know the same as I do? Ugh.

                              I wish I sent the test in August with my brother's, which had results in 3 weeks!

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Rosa View Post
                                Yes, I'm in batch 590, batched 10/2 waiting for my husband's Y37. I have now given up hope after today's date change to 5-7 weeks.

                                I asked Customer Service some questions about the test, and they sent a canned response 3 weeks later, never really answering my questions, but telling me they didn't know when the test would be completed.

                                Really? You know the same as I do? Ugh.

                                I wish I sent the test in August with my brother's, which had results in 3 weeks!
                                My cousins were in batch 590 and he finally received his results on 12/30 (almost 3 months) but he hasn't received his haplogroup although he did have matches.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X