For those awaiting Y results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crhfish View Post
    Well after all of my waiting and complaining, my results actually posted this morning. Batch 593, started October 1 2014.
    You can go for months and months with no movement, but then when you finally get fed up and start demanding a refund or filing complaints, then *boom* they churn those results out right quick-like.

Funny how that works.

It's like with my Big Y. I got nothing except The Runaround for 6 months, then when I finally started demanding my money back, my test got "elevated to VIP status" and a little over a week later I had results.
    Last edited by Sarmat; 23 February 2015, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Well after all of my waiting and complaining, my results actually posted this morning. Batch 593, started October 1 2014. Everything I have tried to do on this forum has been in an effort to make FTDNA better. I just wish they would improve their system so that they can answer questions better. The folks I have communicated with have been fine but I think they are in the dark a bit themselves.

I have 7 matches at they y-67 marker so I do appear to be on track for a potential NPE. I have some digging to do.

Good luck everyone.
      Congrats crhfish! Hopefully it isn't too much longer of a wait for those of us in Batch 595!

Comment

• crhfish, Thank you for posting that you finally got some results. It's only through people like you that the rest of us who are waiting can get some sense of the rate at which ftdna is making progress.

Comment

• Originally posted by TimBuckanowski View Post
          Congrats crhfish! Hopefully it isn't too much longer of a wait for those of us in Batch 595!
          Thanks, for posting crhfish because when those who have been on this forum see others receive their results then it gives us hope. I'm in 596 batched 11/13.

Just telling all you all out there who have been posting about not receiving Y results to PLEASE post when you receive them (and the batch number) so all of us who have been griping can at least know that you have received your results and that there is hope for us.

Comment

Well after all of my waiting and complaining, my results actually posted this morning.

Good luck everyone.
            Excellent news! The timing is interesting as Sarmat points out, but it's so good that the sample wasn't lost, wasn't unsuitable and that it came through at last. Also good to know that the whole lab hasn't ground to a halt, since nothing else seems to have completed in the past week. If FF had to be delayed to allow man hours or computer processing time to complete the Y test backlog, that seems quite reasonable.

Hopefully we'll see some other backlogged results soon

Comment

Well after all of my waiting and complaining, my results actually posted this morning. Batch 593, started October 1 2014. Everything I have tried to do on this forum has been in an effort to make FTDNA better. I just wish they would improve their system so that they can answer questions better. The folks I have communicated with have been fine but I think they are in the dark a bit themselves.

I have 7 matches at they y-67 marker so I do appear to be on track for a potential NPE. I have some digging to do.

Good luck everyone.
              That's great news. I'm glad you finally got your results. I am still waiting on one panel. I'm going to try to be patient until early March and then I will probably start making myself a pest with customer service. I've so far been waiting just a bit over 2 months. Thanks for posting that you got results. At least we know that folks' orders are being processed.

Comment

• Originally posted by larzus View Post
                Hopefully we'll see some other backlogged results soon
                I certainly hope so. My greatest concern, because of their high cost, are the Big Y tests. My project has Big Y tests pending from batches 575, 580, 582, and 586 as well as the holiday sale (599-603).

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeP View Post
                  I saw a 602 almost two weeks ago. But there haven't been any from 602 or later since. That's why I posted that it seems as if the backlog is growing again ... there have only been a few 59x in that time frame - not enough I would think to balance the new kits being batched. I had hoped to get results in time to take advantage of the 15for15 coupon if another test seemed appropriate, but now it looks like the coupon will expire first ...
                  I am in 602 and I am still waiting for my results.

Comment

• Originally posted by lgmayka View Post
                    I certainly hope so. My greatest concern, because of their high cost, are the Big Y tests. My project has Big Y tests pending from batches 575, 580, 582, and 586 as well as the holiday sale (599-603).
                    Holy mackerel. 575 was my Big Y batch, ordered in June 2014!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarmat View Post
                      Holy mackerel. 575 was my Big Y batch, ordered in June 2014!
                      Waiting for over 8 months? That's more than "holy mackerel", that's a shame, it's sickening and saddening.
                      In Germany we have something called "Konventionalstrafe" if delivery of goods or services are delayed, it is a kind of "contract penalty" and I think this should be applied here, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by E19463 View Post
                        In Germany we have something called "Konventionalstrafe" if delivery of goods or services are delayed, it is a kind of "contract penalty" and I think this should be applied here, too.
                        It is particularly disturbing that the estimated completion dates have not even been changed--as if no one in the lab is even looking at these cases.

Big Y HiYNGS 575 08/14/2014 - 08/28/2014
                        Big Y HiYNGS 580 09/18/2014 - 10/02/2014
                        Big Y HiYNGS 582 10/02/2014 - 10/16/2014
                        Big Y HiYNGS 586 10/30/2014 - 11/13/2014

Project members and I have, of course, tried to contact FTDNA about at least some of these; but all we have gotten is either Real Soon Now or "crickets" (no response at all).

In contrast, the orders from the discount sale (batches 599-603) have a specific delay notification:

Big Y HiYNGS 599 02/25/2015 - 03/11/2015 Results for your Big Y testing have been delayed. We have updated your predicted completion date, and action by you is not usually required. Note that predicted dates are an estimate and subject to lab volume and quality control.
                        Big Y HiYNGS 599 02/25/2015 - 03/11/2015 Results for your Big Y testing have been delayed. We have updated your predicted completion date, and action by you is not usually required. Note that predicted dates are an estimate and subject to lab volume and quality control.
                        Last edited by lgmayka; 24 February 2015, 04:43 AM.

Comment

It is particularly disturbing that the estimated completion dates have not even been changed--as if no one in the lab is even looking at these cases.

Big Y HiYNGS 580 09/18/2014 - 10/02/2014
                          Big Y HiYNGS 582 10/02/2014 - 10/16/2014

Project members and I have, of course, tried to contact FTDNA about at least some of these; but all we have gotten is either Real Soon Now or "crickets" (no response at all).
                          So tell me, how much long do you want to wait before taking action? How about a lawyer? Isn't it high time for a lawsuit?

Comment

That may very well be the case.

I only discovered that my sample had been shelved (or, as the lab director put it, "left off a previous run") after repeated complaints directly to Bennett Greenspan.

If I hadn't been such a squeaky wheel, I have no doubt that my sample may still be languishing amongst those others ordered during that same timeframe.
                            Last edited by Sarmat; 24 February 2015, 08:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by E19463 View Post
                              So tell me, how much long do you want to wait before taking action? How about a lawyer? Isn't it high time for a lawsuit?
                              And how are a lawyer or lawsuit helping in running the lab tests?

I would like to see the Big Y results I had ordered, and I do not care about some lawyer needing more cash. I have no idea about German lawyers, but here even if I won in the court, often there would be some money I would need to give to the lawyer representing me.

A true story (from North America, and I do not think it would be different in the EU). Home owners wanted to change their fridge doors, so they ordered new doors from the manufacturer. The manufacturer gave only an estimate for the delivery. The estimate kept changing, and the new set was manufactured around six months after the purchase. A full refund was always an option. But why would they go for that? What would any litigation accomplish?

We are asking FTDNA to communicate the status of the tests (any test). Otherwise the forum gets full of very good explanations: samples dropped on the floor, an IT disaster, a power outage, etc.

W. (Mr.)

Comment

• Originally posted by dna View Post
                                I would like to see the Big Y results I had ordered, ...
                                I see. So again, how much longer are you willing to wait before considering taking action? 8 months are gone. Are you willing to wait a full year? 2 years? 10 years? Why should FTDNA give you any answer or sending you the results if you are willing to wait forever and ever?

Comment

Working...
                                X