For those awaiting Y results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 381858 View Post
    Well, they were already 2 weeks past their outer deadline for 1-12 results and were going to blow through their outer deadline for the rest as of tomorrow, when they tacked on another 2 weeks for all. This just happened in the last couple of hours. Usually, they sneak this in Saturday night or Sunday morning.

I really wish they would get their act together at the lab, or just level with their customers.

Very annoying.
    Sorry if I don't have much empathy for you in Batch 601 because there are those of us in Batch 595 and 596 who are still waiting for Y results.

Comment

• batch 602 str67 delayed 2/11-2/25, just notice it updated.

Comment

• Batch 593, still waiting for y67. At least I spent the day diving in Roatan.

Comment

• @Tenn

Actually, I wasn't looking for empathy. I was simply sharing information. Take your competitive victim hood elsewhere.

Comment

• I for one appreciate the sharing of information ... the due dates for 604 have not moved back as yet, but without any reports of results from 603, 602, 601, ... it seems like just a matter of time before my dates are moved also. I'll only get hopeful when some nearby kits have results. So please keep posting. It's the only way some of us have of tracking progress (or the lack of it).

Comment

• Originally posted by 381858 View Post
              Actually, I wasn't looking for empathy. I was simply sharing information. Take your competitive victim hood elsewhere.
              My y111 is in batch 601. I got results for all panels except one; however, the expected date on that panel was moved back today and the new new completion date now states completion between 2/11 and 2/25. It's not the longest wait I've had - I had to wait over 5 months for results for the so-called deep clade snp test, parts of which were completely unnecessary - but nevertheless, the company, as usual, cannot deliver when it comes to processing tests in a timely manner. Given the company's history of not having tests completed by the stated completion date, I don't have high expectations on getting my final panel until March.

Comment

• Tests Lab Procedure Batch Expected Notes
                Y-DNA37 Y-DNA13-25 Markers 598 02/11/2015 - 02/25/2015 Results for your Y-DNA testing have been delayed. We have updated your predicted completion date, and action by you is not usually required. Note that predicted dates are an estimate and subject to lab volume and quality control.
                Y-DNA37 Y-DNA26-37 Markers 598 02/11/2015 - 02/25/2015 Results for your Y-DNA testing have been delayed. We have updated your predicted completion date, and action by you is not usually required. Note that predicted dates are an estimate and subject to lab volume and quality control.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeP View Post
                  I for one appreciate the sharing of information ... the due dates for 604 have not moved back as yet, but without any reports of results from 603, 602, 601, ... it seems like just a matter of time before my dates are moved also. I'll only get hopeful when some nearby kits have results. So please keep posting. It's the only way some of us have of tracking progress (or the lack of it).
                  Mike, look back in this thread and the one about "601 before 598" some 601 results have come in so all is not lost yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by crhfish View Post
                    Batch 593, still waiting for y67. At least I spent the day diving in Roatan.
                    crhfish, your's still haven't come in?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dna-donut View Post
                      Mike, look back in this thread and the one about "601 before 598" some 601 results have come in so all is not lost yet.
                      I know. I haven't given up hope completely, but there have been few reports of Y-dna results recently and none from 602 or 603. So it seems to me that there are still bottlenecks of some kind and that ftdna are not making a lot of progress in getting rid of the backlog.

One contrary sign though, is that there seem to be more people asking about the meaning of results in the threads down below, so maybe some people are getting panels and just not posting up here ...

Comment

• Two sets of results posted today: 37 marker test from Batch 595 and 67 marker upgrade from 602.

Comment

• Originally posted by jbarry6899 View Post
                          Two sets of results posted today: 37 marker test from Batch 595 and 67 marker upgrade from 602.
                          Thank you for posting. I have a kit Y37 in batch 596...so hopefully next week. Also, I have an upgrade Y111 in batch 603 so hopefully next week on that also.

Comment

• Originally posted by jbarry6899 View Post
                            Two sets of results posted today: 37 marker test from Batch 595 and 67 marker upgrade from 602.
                            Congrats! I have a Y37 from Batch 595 due as well, so hopefully it will be in soon.
                            Last edited by TimBuckanowski; 13 February 2015, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• Timeline of my family recent Y-DNA tests

Big Y (DNA already extracted):
                              * Received By Lab 2014-11-20 (estimated), batch 596
                              * To be completed between 2015-01-08 and 2015-01-22

Y-DNA 111 (DNA had to be extracted):
                              * Received By Lab 2014-12-04, batch 598
                              * Completed 2015-02-13

Big Y (DNA already extracted):
                              * Received By Lab 2014-12-26, batch 601
                              * Completed 2015-02-03

Y-DNA 67 (DNA already extracted):
                              * Received By Lab 2015-01-15 (estimated), batch 604
                              * To be completed between 2015-02-19 and 2015-03-05

W.

P.S.
                              Project administrators used to see the date for DNA Extraction...

Comment

• Through all the comments, emails, etc., nothing has changed for me. Batch 593, still waiting on y67 results. I don't think that anything I have done so far has changed one thing. I've gone from being disappointed to being upset, to being angry. I'm not sure where I am now.

Its a shame. I had planned on running a bunch of family members tests. We are talking a fair amount of money, no way I will do that now.

Comment

Working...
                                X