Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those awaiting Y results

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by sas377 View Post
    Neither 23&Me nor Ancestry do Y or mT tests.
    23andme tests both the Y and mtDNA. While their Y haplogroup designations are based on a very outdated tree and finding your terminal SNP will require more extensive testing elsewhere, like here at FTDNA or at YSEQ, they still get you in the ballpark. Their mtDNA sequencing is quite good and gave me the same haplogroup designation I got from a full mito sequencing here.

    That's all included in addition to autosomal results for $99.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by sas377 View Post
      It's sad that they are the only ones that do Y anymore because I wouldn't choose to use them with how horrible their cs is and their lack of integrity in their estimates.
      YSEQ does do a Y Str test in their Alpha and Beta test, covers the same as Y37 here. And only $88.

      Also you do get some Y Snp results from both 23nMe and Ancestry. You also get some mTDNA Snps from 23nMe.

      Comment


      • Another week gone by

        Still waiting on my panel 2 from my batch 598 Y67.

        Still waiting on my panel 2 from my .............

        Still waiting on my panel .......................

        Still waiting on my .............................

        Still waiting ...................................

        Comment


        • Originally posted by crhfish View Post
          I have developed a theory after quite a few posts and emails. I think they run your test through the system the first time and if you are lucky, you get results. From there your test is sent to the corner so to speak to be retested when they get time. If it fails this retest, back to the corner you go. You may get to sit in the corner a long time.
          But if the system doesn't work.....................

          FIX IT!

          I understand the whole "lowest hanging fruit" concept but at some point they have to really get this together in order to keep people coming back. If not some upstart will jump in and take the lead.

          Right now if there were a poll taken on how satisfied their own customers are I wouldn't think it would rank all that well for them.

          It would seem to me that instead of just throwing us in the corner they would want to clear out the cache so they could move on. Or are we simply just out of sight out of mind?

          Seriously, at this point I am begging to get quite annoyed. I have seen about umpteen various reasons and umpteen apologies but really what I want to see is progress.

          Comment


          • For those in charge

            Whoever is monitoring this forum. Do this company a favor sort this forum "Grumbles and Gripes" by views and look at what topics are getting the most views and when they started.

            If that doesn't tell you something, it should.

            Comment


            • ARGH

              BATCH 596 Y37
              batched 11/18

              Just reported last night the expected date was still 1/28 - 2/11 so I had hopes for next week............this morning it's been changed to 2/11 - 2/25.

              Comment


              • Two sets of YDNA 37 results from batch 600 posted this morning, 6 Feb.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Dna-donut View Post
                  But if the system doesn't work.....................

                  FIX IT!

                  I understand the whole "lowest hanging fruit" concept but at some point they have to really get this together in order to keep people coming back. If not some upstart will jump in and take the lead.

                  Right now if there were a poll taken on how satisfied their own customers are I wouldn't think it would rank all that well for them.

                  It would seem to me that instead of just throwing us in the corner they would want to clear out the cache so they could move on. Or are we simply just out of sight out of mind?

                  Seriously, at this point I am begging to get quite annoyed. I have seen about umpteen various reasons and umpteen apologies but really what I want to see is progress.
                  I did not mean to give you the impression that I like they way they run their business, I don't. Its really very simple to me, this country is filled with businesses that had good ideas, but bad implementation. Someone will come along that can do these tests correctly and fast and FTDNA will die on the vine. That will happen for sure if they don't get their "stuff" together.

                  I'm at the point where I don't expect to get my results and if i do I will probably not trust them, why should I?

                  Comment


                  • My Y67 test, pushed back to 11 March, came in yesterday anyway. Needn't have frightened me at all, apparently.

                    Sadly, my gg-grandfather's YDNA appears to have been a pretty rare haplogroup (T-P77), and there's no matches at all beyond Y37, and only three at Y25. But, that's my problem, not FTDNA's.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by sjadelson View Post
                      My Y67 test, pushed back to 11 March, came in yesterday anyway.
                      When was the batch assigned?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Dna-donut View Post
                        When was the batch assigned?
                        Batch 600, 11 December 2014

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Tenn4ever View Post
                          ARGH

                          BATCH 596 Y37
                          batched 11/18

                          Just reported last night the expected date was still 1/28 - 2/11 so I had hopes for next week............this morning it's been changed to 2/11 - 2/25.
                          Originally posted by jbarry6899 View Post
                          Two sets of YDNA 37 results from batch 600 posted this morning, 6 Feb.
                          Don't understand this....four entire batches after my cousin's batch posting? My cousin did the Family Finder/autosomal test first with no problem so there should be no problem with his samples. This is very irritating. Don't TPTB understand we don't like to see results coming in out of order.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by sjadelson View Post
                            Batch 600, 11 December 2014
                            I have a Y67 upgrade in the same batch that has not received results yet.

                            Comment


                            • Not wanting to rub salt in anyone's wounds, but for the sake of getting an overall picture, my son's Y-67 results from Batch 599 came in about six hours ago. The revised predicted completion date was 11th Feb to 25th Feb so it has come in just a few days before that. It was batched 4th Dec.

                              Comment


                              • I just sent them another email and made another post to Facebook. I'm in batch 593 and seem to be getting nowhere. I am posting all I can here and there. My next step will be to start talking to folks outside of FTDNA.

                                FTDNA, I'm not going away. I'll keep posting here and posting on Facebook.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X