No announcement yet.

For those awaiting Y results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm waiting on a Y-37 in batch 600 that was received by the lab on 12/10. The results page says that I should have had the first panel by 1/22, but that didn't happen. It also hasn't changed. The other two are listed as due on Thursday. Given the track record I'm seeing here, it's probably safe to assume that's not happening.

I also have a FF from batch 603 that's supposed to be done by Thursday, and family members are asking me about it every few days.

Comment

• I'm batch 604

I'm batch 604, I'm supposed to receive my results between the 29th of January and the 12th of February. Anyone from 604 received their results?

Comment

• I'm 604. My FF is back. I also have a Y-67 with the first panel 1-12 due from 2/5 - 2/19 and the other panels a week later. We'll see what actually happens. I'll post when I have any results. Curiously a default Haplotree page appeared the same time as my initial MyOrigin results. It states that my haplogroup is under review. Others have reported the same thing appearing at about the same time. So it's not clear if it's a bug or if some Y testing progress has been made.

Comment

• A preliminary MyOrigins appeared at least two days before the FF results. There were minor changes between this initial version of MyOrigins and the one that accompanied the FF. You might try looking under the mydna dropdown to see if you have some initial MyOrigins results. If there, it might suggest that FF is coming soon.

Comment

• I got the same response:
            We apologize for the delay in reporting your results on your Y-DNA Test.

In the last few months a supplier of an important component of our Y-DNA tests ceased production of that component, somewhat unexpectedly. In order to complete our Y-DNA tests we had to upgrade to the next generation of sequencers to most efficiently process the test. In effect this caused an unexpected R and D project within the lab.

Our lab has been very meticulous in the development of this new procedure because the reliability of your results is paramount, however Research & Development takes time. The Lab has completed and successfully tested each step of the process to reach the level of confidence necessary to begin reporting results, however we do have a respectable backlog that will take several weeks of overtime to clear up. We will be much faster in the future with this test.

We have resumed production and have placed your test in a high priority status. Unfortunately, we have to work through the backlog that is a consequence of the change required.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

------------
            I had to laugh; the message appears to try to appease me by saying I would receive a high priority status, but then says they have to work through their backlog. Exactly the same message as was posted above.

I am at 12 weeks on Y-DNA37. Will try to be patient, what's my choice? But I wonder what time frame they give those ordering for the first time right now?

Comment

• My latest Y tests (due 22 Jan for 1-12, and 5 Feb for the rest) just got moved to as late as 11 March.

Back to waiting....

Comment

• The Y-37 I was scheduled to get by tomorrow in batch 600 (received by the lab 10 Dec 2014) was pushed back to March 11 today.

Let's just hope that this doesn't take the path of the last Y-37 I ordered where they kept bumping back the date, then told me they needed a new sample, and then finally acknowledged that they had the results the entire time and "oops" just didn't post them. It took nearly a year.

Comment

• BIG Y... BIG WAIT...

I've ordered several tests from FTDNA and have turned a couple family members onto them, and have several friends interested as well. I know the wait is the hard part, and I know the wait is usually much longer than you would expect. That's why I've been patient with my Big Y test, and I am going to continue to be patient because I do want accurate results of course. I just wish they would let people know ahead of time (before they order) that there is a huge backlog, and perhaps give people the incentive to continue to buy a product they will have to wait an extra amount of time for by temporarily cutting the prices of the tests. I'm in batch 600 for the Big Y and it has been pushed out to March 11th like many others here. I really do hope there is no further delays than this. My test was batched in the beginning of Dec...

Comment

• Batch 601

Mine hasn't been pushed to March, yet. At least not told that they did.

Comment

• Originally posted by poorejj View Post
                      I've ordered several tests from FTDNA and have turned a couple family members onto them, and have several friends interested as well. I know the wait is the hard part, and I know the wait is usually much longer than you would expect. That's why I've been patient with my Big Y test, and I am going to continue to be patient because I do want accurate results of course. I just wish they would let people know ahead of time (before they order) that there is a huge backlog, and perhaps give people the incentive to continue to buy a product they will have to wait an extra amount of time for by temporarily cutting the prices of the tests. I'm in batch 600 for the Big Y and it has been pushed out to March 11th like many others here. I really do hope there is no further delays than this. My test was batched in the beginning of Dec...
                      Patience is an admirable virtue that I wish I had more of. The problem, however, is that most folks that have had to wait for ridiculously long lengths of time - from the many horror stories I've read - haven't been waiting because the company is diligently checking and rechecking results, but rather due to misplaced results, supply issues, or the company having the results, but for one reason or other, not bothering to post them. One is left with the distinct impression that the company either handles more business than it can efficiently cope with, or that it does not care all that much about keeping its customers happy. A company that first states that it needs a new sample, and then later states that it had the results all along, but didn't bother to post them, or that has supply issues without bothering to inform customers, doesn't seem like one that requires longer wait times because its staff is worried about accuracy.

As a matter of fact, on the Haplogroup I tree, there are a couple of snps that have been placed in the wrong branch and the company was made aware of this problem -- or so I've been told -- by project administrators months ago. Still, the errors remain and customers are undoubtedly ordering snp tests that are completely unnecessary as a result. So, I really doubt that the long wait times have anything at all to do with the company's diligence in ensuring accuracy.
                      Last edited by ekc123; 4 February 2015, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• BATCH 596 Y37

Batched 11/18. Still waiting. 1/28 - 2/11 expected results for several weeks now. Hopefully, by next week.

Comment

• I have developed a theory after quite a few posts and emails. I think they run your test through the system the first time and if you are lucky, you get results. From there your test is sent to the corner so to speak to be retested when they get time. If it fails this retest, back to the corner you go. You may get to sit in the corner a long time.

I also think the time we are all be told were based on optimistic views of how fast the new system was going to work. Its not working as fast as they thought. In spite of what I have been told, I don't think my complaining or emails has changed what they are doing one bit. I guess I can understand that. You have to have a system in place and stick to it.

But make the system work. Quit being optimistic on times and quit taking in new orders until you get caught up.

Comment

• My hubby did a Y-67. His batched on 9/25 and he finally got results on 12/5. My Y-67 batched 12/25 and is in batch 602 - currently scheduled for the first 12 markers to process by 2/5 and the rest by 2/19. I've been holding by breath, but after reading all these posts and based on his experience I'm guessing I won't see any results until March. That is seriously a long time to wait!! Do the other labs (23andMe and Ancestry) take this long? I never explored their costs because I felt FT was geared to serious genealogists. I'm getting discouraged!!!

Comment

• Neither 23&Me nor Ancestry do Y or mT tests. My aT test at Ancestry took 9 days in December from when they received it to getting results. They are averaging about 2-3 weeks right now from what people are saying (I have 2 aT's at the lab there right now). I am also in 602 for a Y-37 and don't have much faith in seeing anything until mid- to late-March. It's sad that they are the only ones that do Y anymore because I wouldn't choose to use them with how horrible their cs is and their lack of integrity in their estimates.

Comment

• Originally posted by MizzTeri View Post
                                Do the other labs (23andMe and Ancestry) take this long?
                                I have five kits at 23andme, which were all completed within 10 weeks. The fastest finished in 5 weeks. I also have two kits at Ancestry, which were both done in 8 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X