Y 37/67

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y 37/67

Anyone in Batch 595 or higher get their results yet for Y 37 or 67? I'm in batch 598 and I am curious to see how far back logged they are.

Im in batch 595,still no results..

Comment

Batch 592

Originally posted by Leeb View Post
      Im in batch 595,still no results..
      We've a Y37 in Batch 592 predicted to be complete by 31 December, which would make 10 weeks after receipt by lab.

Also a Y67 in Batch 594 predicted for 14 January. I guess we'll just have to wait and see - obviously something serious has happened.

We've used FTDNA since 2002 and have had good support and turnaround so far.

Vanderhoof and Durose Projects

Comment

Batch 590 Y-37 batched on 10/2.....no results.

Comment

Husband's test-- Batch 590 YDNA 37 batched 10/2: 2 of 3 panels completed, last panel awaiting results with an expected completion date of 3-5 weeks as of today.

My brother's YDNA 37 test submitted in August took 3 weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by Rosa View Post
            Husband's test-- Batch 590 YDNA 37 batched 10/2: 2 of 3 panels completed, last panel awaiting results with an expected completion date of 3-5 weeks as of today.

My brother's YDNA 37 test submitted in August took 3 weeks!
            Okay, I'm going to call and complain BIG TIME. Batched 10/2 for Y-37 batch 590 and no results.

Comment

Batch 595- No Results

I wrote FTDNA last week and this is their reply:

"Good morning,

We apologize for the delay in reporting your results on your Y-DNA Test.

In the last few months a supplier of an important component of our Y-DNA tests ceased production of that component, somewhat unexpectedly. In order to complete our Y-DNA tests we had to upgrade to the next generation of sequencers to most efficiently process the test. In effect this caused an unexpected R and D project within the lab.

Our lab has been very meticulous in the development of this new procedure because the reliability of your results is paramount, however Research & Development takes time. The Lab has completed and successfully tested each step of the process to reach the level of confidence necessary to begin reporting results, however we do have a respectable backlog that will take several weeks of overtime to clear up. We will be much faster in the future with this test.

We have resumed production and have placed your test in a high priority status. Unfortunately, we have to work through the backlog that is a consequence of the change required.

Thank you for your understanding and patience."

So I am not looking for results before February- if that early.

Comment

Sounds like you received a reply which at last makes sense and seems honest. Why wasn't this a blanket statement from the first. There was a statement which was similar but rather obtuse which made it seem dishonest.

Comment

Jacob Metz, thank you for the post!

Well..., the message from FTDNA seems to be a little bit different this time...

W.

Comment

Originally posted by Tenn4ever View Post
                    Sounds like you received a reply which at last makes sense and seems honest. Why wasn't this a blanket statement from the first. There was a statement which was similar but rather obtuse which made it seem dishonest.
                    Exactly so-- if this were the message sent to everyone from the beginning, I think more people would be less irritated. The company should be more proactive in providing updates so people can be informed about tests that will take time longer than the expected range.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob Metz View Post

"Good morning,

In the last few months a supplier of an important component of our Y-DNA tests ceased production of that component, somewhat unexpectedly. In order to complete our Y-DNA tests we had to upgrade to the next generation of sequencers to most efficiently process the test. In effect this caused an unexpected R and D project within the lab.

Our lab has been very meticulous in the development of this new procedure because the reliability of your results is paramount, however Research & Development takes time. The Lab has completed and successfully tested each step of the process to reach the level of confidence necessary to begin reporting results, however we do have a respectable backlog that will take several weeks of overtime to clear up. We will be much faster in the future with this test.

We have resumed production and have placed your test in a high priority status. Unfortunately, we have to work through the backlog that is a consequence of the change required.

A partial refund or credit or something to the people that paid full price but are having to wait OVER THREE MONTHS for results is warranted. This is horrible. They mislead customers that the results for Y tests were 6-8 weeks when they knew there was a problem. I have tried to call customer service throughout the day yesterday and today and the line was busy both days.

Comment

I'm still waiting on a YDNA37 from batch 598, (and one from batch 601). Says 1-3 weeks for batch 598, but I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by dnaforsennett View Post
                          I'm still waiting on a YDNA37 from batch 598, (and one from batch 601). Says 1-3 weeks for batch 598, but I'm not holding my breath.
                          Just received my cousin's Y37 results from batch 590 two days ago so you probably have a few weeks to go. I have another cousin in batch 595 and I really don't expect to receive his results until the end of January unless something happens along the way to speed things up.

Comment

Originally posted by dnaforsennett View Post
                            I am in batch 598 and from the replies I am seeing above we have a tad of a wait ahead of us.

Like the above posters I wish FTDNA would have proactively put some type of statement out which would have informed us.

Comment

Thanks Jacob this at the least gives us some information

Originally posted by Jacob Metz View Post

"Good morning,

Comment

Working...
                              X