Batch 599 - delayed by Holidays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch 599 - delayed by Holidays?

Anxiously waiting on autosomal results. .. was given 1-2 weeks about 2 weeks ago, another tester just got her results December 23rd... wondering if the holidays have delayed some of this batch...

My father has Family Finder and Y-dna in 599. I think it is right on schedule.
    I told him a month ago FF might be ready about Jan 1-7 to be conservative. I think that is exactly what is going to happen. His projection still says 1-2 weeks on FF and 2-4 weeks on the y-dna.

I expect there was a delay of a couple days because of Christmas.

Comment

I guess patience is a virtue... hehe.
      Do results come in on the weekends? Or just business days... so we're talking the 2nd, 5th, 6th or 7th?
      I got excited when said friend's results came in, since the test I'm waiting on was received first... by one day.

Comment

I have a Y-DNA test in batch 599 and a family finder in each of 601 and 602. The Y-DNA in 599 says 2-4 weeks, the FF in 601 says 1-2 weeks. Your FF will probably be in quite soon, when you least expect it.

I'm keeping myself very busy so I don't think about it. It's as bad as the days before Christmas when I was a child looking at the presents under the tree

Used to be the completed batches showed up on a Thursday. I'm not sure if it still works that way, I suspect transfers are different. I still see more new matches on a Friday morning (Australia) than on any other day but might be coincidence.

Comment

595 results are not even in yet guys...

Comment

Originally posted by Laizuregirl View Post
            My father has Family Finder and Y-dna in 599. I think it is right on schedule.
            I told him a month ago FF might be ready about Jan 1-7 to be conservative. I think that is exactly what is going to happen. His projection still says 1-2 weeks on FF and 2-4 weeks on the y-dna.

I expect there was a delay of a couple days because of Christmas.
            We are in batch 593 and it has been "10" weeks since our y test was batched. Our page is saying it will be another FOUR weeks!

Comment

My dad's FF test is in batch 598 and is definitely not in yet. My mtDNA test appears to have gone AWOL. I keep getting revised estimated weeks to completion. No clue when that one is going to be completed.

Comment

The upgrade on my dad's Y-DNA from 37 to 111 markers, which is in batch 597, has had three of the eight panels posted (plus one marker from the 48-60 panel). One panel was completed on 17 Dec and the other two were finished on 19 Dec. I'm still waiting for the other five panels (38-47, 48-60, 61-67, 86-93, and 103-111).

However, I honestly wasn't expecting anything until the end of this week at the earliest, so it was a pleasant surprise to get some of those before Christmas.

I'm still waiting for his Family Finder and mtDNA results (which were both in batch 600), but again, I wasn't expecting his FF results til the end of this week at the earliest.

Comment

I'm in batch 593. I still do not have any results on the Y DNA. Family Finder came in back in November. Right now it shows 1-2 weeks for the higher Y dna's and 2-4 weeks on the first 12 markers. Its been that way for a few weeks now. Based on what I have read on the forum I don't expect mine to come in until perhaps the end of January.

Comment

My dad's Family Finder results (he was in batch 600 for that test) was posted sometime in the last 4 hours. Like I said earlier today, I wasn't expecting any results from that particular test til the end of this week at the earliest...

Now I've got 90 pages of matches to him to sort through.

Comment

I am in batch 595- which is four weeks ahead of 599; my account has been saying 1-2 weeks for my Y-37 and 67 since the 1st of December. I wrote to FTDNA and they said there was a significant backlog- so I am not looking for results to be in before the end of January.

Comment

We got our Family Finder results today from batch 599 and 600.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob Metz View Post
                          I am in batch 595- which is four weeks ahead of 599; my account has been saying 1-2 weeks for my Y-37 and 67 since the 1st of December. I wrote to FTDNA and they said there was a significant backlog- so I am not looking for results to be in before the end of January.
                          Good luck with the end of January. I'm in 590 and still waiting. On a 'normal' basis you see a new batch results at the rate of one per week.
                          Last edited by Tenn4ever; 30 December 2014, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Got em!!!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

Originally posted by rachelleleclaire View Post
                              Got em!!!!! Woo-hoo!
                              It's not unusual to get autosomal results in 3 - 4 weeks. The problem is with the Y results.

Comment

Working...
                              X