Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I'm Hoppy View Post
    My bad. A typo. Should read 594.
    Ah... Considering that there are probably still pending results from 574, I'm sure you can understand the confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarmat View Post
      4-6 weeks for nearly a million SNPs. Delays are uncommon, but if they are expected, predicted turnaround times are updated accordingly.
      Delays are uncommon?
      Which company do you test with then?

Comment

Originally posted by Leeb View Post
        Delays are uncommon?
        It's in response to a comment about 23andme, so I'm assuming he's talking about that. I wouldn't really compare that to anything other than Family Finder, with regards to testing times, due to different work flows for a standard panel test vs. a custom SNP. However, 23 does a better job explaining what part of the process your test is in, instead of an auto-countdown that stops at 1.

Also worth noting that v3 had ~1m SNPs, the current v4 has about half that, only up to 2k cover the Y and they typically don't get close to your terminal SNP.

Comment

Originally posted by KSDA View Post
          It's in response to a comment about 23andme, so I'm assuming he's talking about that. I wouldn't really compare that to anything other than Family Finder, with regards to testing times, due to different work flows for a standard panel test vs. a custom SNP. However, 23 does a better job explaining what part of the process your test is in, instead of an auto-countdown that stops at 1.

Also worth noting that v3 had ~1m SNPs, the current v4 has about half that, only up to 2k cover the Y and they typically don't get close to your terminal SNP.
          Thanks for the info Ksda.

Comment

Originally posted by Leeb View Post
            Delays are uncommon?
            You asked about 23andme. In my experience, delays are fairly uncommon there. Sometimes around the Christmas and DNA Day sales, they may be backed up by a couple of weeks, but they generally make it well known.

I've tested with FTDNA, Ancestry.com, and 23andme.

Comment

Originally posted by KSDA View Post
              True enough. If you're interested in finding your Y terminal SNP, you'll need to advanced testing here at FTDNA or somewhere like YSEQ. 23andme's haplogroup placement, plus tools like their Haplogroup Mutation Mapper, can point you in the right direction for testing additional SNPs to refine your placement.

As for mtDNA, I've found that 23andme raw data coupled with 3rd party tools like James Lick's mtDNA predictor can drill down to a very fine placement on the mtDNA tree. It has put me exactly where FTDNA's full mito sequence test did.

I'd say that general Y haplogroup placement, mtDNA haplogroup placement, and excellent autosomal results with access to raw data and tools all for $99 still makes 23andme the best introductory DNA test on the market.

I'm curious to see what their v4 raw data will look like.
              Last edited by Sarmat; 28 December 2014, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Got my results today batch 595.

Comment

I'm happy for you Leeb, but that really p***** off people like me in 592 that are STILL WAITING! Now the little box at the top right of the screen that says what your haplogroup is---mine is now blank for YDNA. Before it said something like "awaiting results". Don't know what that means.

Comment

I fully understand jlusk99,but if its any consultation i was waiting for a single SNP.

Comment

Results Are In

The results for my single SNP test S11556 came back "Positive". My Haplogroup changed from R-L21 to R-DF13 too. I tested DF13+ back in October 2013 but my haplogroup remained R-L21 until today. Also DF13 is now listed in FTDNA's Haplogroup Tree, which is new.
                      Now what should I test for. lol.
                      Leeb, I am happy you also got your results back and hope it was what you were hoping for.

Hoppy

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Hoppy View Post
                        The results for my single SNP test S11556 came back "Positive". My Haplogroup changed from R-L21 to R-DF13 too. I tested DF13+ back in October 2013 but my haplogroup remained R-L21 until today. Also DF13 is now listed in FTDNA's Haplogroup Tree, which is new.
                        Now what should I test for. lol.
                        Leeb, I am happy you also got your results back and hope it was what you were hoping for.

Hoppy

Thanks Hoppy!
                        Im now a confirmed DF27,nice to get a positive after getting negatives for both U152 and L21.

Just wish there was more info on DF27 and its origins

Comment

Leeb,

Didnt realize you were only waiting on a single SNP. I am waiting on Y67. What does that really mean though? What exactly is a single SNP test?

Comment

I just received the following notification:

"Results for your Y-DNA testing have been delayed. We have updated your predicted completion date, and action by you is not usually required. Note that predicted dates are an estimate and subject to lab volume and quality control."

My 1-12 is now 4-6 weeks after it has been 1-2 weeks since the first part of December; all the others are 2-4 weeks. I have a Y-37 and Y-67 pending. Looks like it may be sometime close to the end of February before my results are in.

Comment

Jacob,

I would ignore the estimate of completions. I received the same type of messages with additional extension dates.

One of my kits was completed the day after I received notice the completion date was moved out 4 to 5 weeks.

The truth is familytreedna does not have the slightest clue as to when a kit will be completed by the lab.

I would suggest to go on to other genealogy work and forget about the test, until you receive the email that your tests are completed.

Anyway, just my 2 cents from someone that lived though this and is reliving the process with additional kits that are in process.

Comment

Originally posted by K. L. Adams View Post
                                I would suggest to go on to other genealogy work and forget about the test, until you receive the email that your tests are completed.

Anyway, just my 2 cents from someone that lived though this and is reliving the process with additional kits that are in process.
                                Sound advice. I have given up on looking everyday and moved on and ordered the L21 Super Clade from Yseq since I know I am L21+ (Both 23nMe and Ancestry). Figured why not since obviously my Y67 isn't coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X