Upgrade need new swab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade need new swab?

Can't tell when I upgraded from y-37 to y-67 it almost appeared like it's a "new" kit? So, will they need to send something out, or do they just use the same previously sent material? He had the original y-dna test done then I had the familyfinder test done last year which they didn't send any new kit out.

Would be helpful to know if they'll be sending something so I can let him know it'll be coming.
    Thanks

Originally posted by jannie View Post
    Can't tell when I upgraded from y-37 to y-67 it almost appeared like it's a "new" kit? So, will they need to send something out, or do they just use the same previously sent material? He had the original y-dna test done then I had the familyfinder test done last year which they didn't send any new kit out.

Would be helpful to know if they'll be sending something so I can let him know it'll be coming.
    Thanks
    A new swab might not be required.

A new swab would be required, when the DNA in the vials at FTDNA was exhausted, regardless whether it is the original (first) test or an upgrade. The address listed in the kit has to be a current one, as people in the forum are reporting not receiving e-mail notifications before receiving new swabs ( but it very well could be that those who are not experiencing any problems do not post here ).

W.

Comment

Is there a way to know by the ordering process if they are sending another kit or not?? Thank you

Comment

got it.

I see it said completed... so must have used the sample on hand.

Comment

Working...
        X