Batch 586

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch 586

Is there anyone else out there waiting for YDNA 26-37 markers and YDNA 48-60 markers to be completed in Batch 586 or am I the only person.

Batch 586 was requested on 28/08/2014 and set up on 04/09/2014.

I was having YDNA markers 13 -111 run and all the other markers have been completed for approx. 3 weeks now.

I have a test on batch 586 and it says now 1-3 weeks. In my case, it is a retest on y-dna1-12.

Comment

Still waiting :-(

You are not alone.

Still waiting for Ydna 26 - 37 in 586, batched same date as mentioned above. Delayed once. New due date is 19/11 (tomorrow) and still showing 1 - 2 weeks. Last panel was completed 24/10.

Fingers crossed for results soon.

Comment

Another delay - batch 586

The panel I'm waiting on has been delayed again.
        New due date is 12/17.

Can't tell if they are having to dip into stored dna or just reprocessing.

The first 2 panels were processed quickly. This is the second announced delay for this individual kit.

Fingers crossed it will finish sooner than expected this time.

Comment

Batch 586 , yet another delay , WHAT is going on !!!!

Originally posted by AngeliaR View Post
          The panel I'm waiting on has been delayed again.
          New due date is 12/17.

Can't tell if they are having to dip into stored dna or just reprocessing.

The first 2 panels were processed quickly. This is the second announced delay for this individual kit.

Fingers crossed it will finish sooner than expected this time.

For me AngeliaR this is my third delay.

Is there any way we can find out what the problem is.??????

Lescon
          Last edited by lescon; 21 November 2014, 04:32 AM. Reason: Forgot to add a pertinent point

Comment

Batch 589

I just got my birthday from family tree DNA for Batch 589!

Results for your Y-DNA testing have been delayed. We have updated your predicted completion date, and action by you is not usually required. Note that predicted dates are an estimate and subject to lab volume and quality control. There are several possible reasons for the delay. The first is elevated lab demand for this test. The second is that one or more panels did not produce clear results and is being rerun. Less commonly, your sample failed. In this case, if we have an unused vial in storage, we have begun extracting DNA from it. If we need a new sample and do not have one in storage, we will mail another DNA kit to your address on file.

Going to be another couple of months

Comment

Explanation from an official FTDNA message to project administrators

"Finally, we apologize for any delays you and your project members have experienced with the Y-DNA STR testing. The sole supplier of the reagent kit that we used for the first 12 markers unexpectedly stopped producing them. We had to develop an alternative processing method. After substantial R&D, we now have that method in place. While it took longer than expected to get this situation resolved, we’re able to continue providing and processing Y STR tests. The alternative - not being able to process the first 12 markers any more - would have been a disaster for everyone involved. The lab staff are working overtime to clear the backlog as quickly as possible."

W.

P.S. I wish there was an official announcement in the forum. As a substitute, I will make one...

Comment

Batch 586

Thank you so much for putting us in the picture re Y-DNA markers 1-12, though it still doesn't explain why Markers 26-37 and 48-60 are affected.

Comment

Very helpful

It's very helpful to know the reason why there have been so many delays. I suspect that message was only sent to surname project admins.

Something that simple could easily have been posted to the kits that were impacted by the delay instead of the standard non-specific message. I think honesty like that would be appreciated by everyone.

Communication has such a big impact on customer perception.

Thank you for sharing the reason for the delays on ydna processing.

Comment

Working...
                  X