Houston error on most ICWs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston error on most ICWs

I am new to FF since Oct. I am finding a consistent problem when I search my matches by a name ie john smith. He will open in a new window. Then when I click on John Smiths profile icon RUN COMMON MATCHES and select IN COMMON WITH, 75% of the time I get the Houston error page. Anyone else having this problem?

Thank you for your observation!

Brent has entered a bug report http://forums.familytreedna.com/showthread.php?t=36230 Houston... in the Features Requests & Bug Reports Area. We discussed it there with some FTDNA input.

W.

Comment

Yes, but it's not just on IWC - I also sometimes get it when trying to open people's trees. It's very annoying and very restrictive of research.

Comment

@Germanica - about trees

Originally posted by Germanica View Post
        Yes, but it's not just on IWC - I also sometimes get it when trying to open people's trees. It's very annoying and very restrictive of research.
        Do you get a Houston page when trying to open trees or a tree starts displaying but never progresses to a full display?

The first (Houston) would be a new behaviour, the second is known to happen. With the second behaviour there is no use in waiting, just go back and retry, and retry...

W.

Comment

Yes I am having the same problem..
          really annoying as the person I am trying to research plans to call and talk to me..so nothing to discuss..

Comment

@Kathleen Carrow

Originally posted by Kathleen Carrow View Post
            Yes I am having the same problem..
            really annoying as the person I am trying to research plans to call and talk to me..so nothing to discuss..
            Not sure which version of the problem you have...

You may want to ask the other person to e-mail you a GEDCOM. Then you can use either your genealogical software or one of the free GEDCOM viewers on your desktop.

I am using Windows, so I would most likely use the software named Gramps that can import and then view a GEDCOMI am not using Gramps as my genealogical software, so using it would in no way interfere with my genealogical data.

W.

Comment

Working...
            X