Anybody in Batch 590?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody in Batch 590?

FTDNA received the kit for my uncle for Family Finder and Y-DNA testing on 9/30. It appears it was batched on 10/9/2014 as Batch no. 590. The projected date for the Family Finder portion has said "1-2 weeks" for at least 3 weeks now. Has anyone else in Batch 590 gotten their Family Finder results yet?

My mom's FF was in Batch 590. It was batched on 10/2/2014 and the results were in on 10/22/2014. Hers was the fourth FF test I administer that had no issues. They were all completed within the estimated time frame. Mine, on the other hand, took three months to complete.

Comment

I've had problems too numerous to mention with my uncle's DNA. The first problem involved uploading his raw DNA from Ancestry.com. When I did this for myself, it took only 2 days for my FF matches to appear. I waited 6 weeks for my uncle's, called numerous times and was told something different each time. Finally, it was decided that we would upgrade the YDNA kit I'd ordered for him but hadn't administered yet to include Family Finder tesitng also, at no additional charge. Maybe the holdup is that they are still working on the YDNA and will release the results all at once?

Comment

Correction - my uncle's tests were batched on 10/2/2014. So the delay is even longer than I thought!

Comment

My update just came today

Waited 1-2 weeks for a month then this. Frustrating to say the least.
          Attached Files

Comment

YESand I'm furious over this. It's been nine weeks waiting for the Y-37. The autosomal came in right away so I know there was NO problem with the sample.

A better sample is required for the autosomal test than the Y37 test so I know there is no problem with the sample for the Y37.

The donor was a little hesitant the first time I sent the kit. The second time he probably will just refuse and the entire process will be for naught. They were hesitant over the Y test but willing for the autosomal which has already come in so if I have to request another sample for the Y test then they are going to refuse since they already have their results of the autosomal. If that's the case then I will just delete the entire account because I have control of it.

I just ordered a Y 67 for this test. I am immediately going to my credit card company and requesting a charge back.

There is no excuse for what is going on. A year ago I had to wait for two months for my own autosomal test results. Now the company is getting those out in record time instead of working on Y tests that have come in before them. The new autosomal donors need to wait for two months just like we had to a year ago.

Comment

@Tenn4ever

Family Finder and Y-DNA STR tests are done using very different technologies (consequently different equipment) and most likely the volume of either test does not significantly influence the waiting time for the other test...

W.

P.S. Please also see my next response.

Comment

Originally posted by pbal114 View Post
                Waited 1-2 weeks for a month then this. Frustrating to say the least.
                What I am finding frustrating is that there are very many words from FTDNA, may be even too many words, and zero substance...

So what was the reason for each of the panels getting delayed? The same reason for all, different for each? Etc., etc., etc. At least I would care for a real answer.

W.

Comment

Originally posted by dna View Post
                  Family Finder and Y-DNA STR tests are done using very different technologies (consequently different equipment) and most likely the volume of either test does not significantly influence the waiting time for the other test...

W.

P.S. Please also see my next response.
                  Interesting, then why are the autosomal test results only taking three - four weeks where just over a year ago they were taking two months. The first Y tests I had done on kits were taking no more than six weeks. Some of them are now taking more than three months. Are these tests being run by personnel? If so, then the personnel need to be allocated less to the NEW autosomal tests and more to the back log of Y tests.

Another note. I've had very little success finding new matches from the autosomal test that are helpful with extending the family tree, maybe because it's already extensive. The Y tests on the other hand have been invaluable. Matches from the Y test are much more likely to respond to messages too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tenn4ever View Post
                    The donor was a little hesitant the first time I sent the kit. The second time he probably will just refuse and the entire process will be for naught. They were hesitant over the Y test but willing for the autosomal which has already come in so if I have to request another sample for the Y test then they are going to refuse since they already have their results of the autosomal. If that's the case then I will just delete the entire account because I have control of it.
                    Don't worry, they're not going to require you to do another collection kit.

For some reason that I absolutely cannot fathom, they actually think that giving people this rather shocking message is somehow better than just telling them the truth, which is "Sorry, we haven't actually gotten around to running your test yet."*

I've even heard of occasions when the FTDNA rep told someone on the phone that their test had failed and would require a new collection kit, only to have the results post to the account that very same day.

* Think this doesn't happen? Check out exactly what the lab actually said about my Big Y test here: http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...4&postcount=47

Comment

Geno transferred then upgraded to Y37

Originally posted by Sarmat View Post
                      Don't worry, they're not going to require you to do another collection kit.

For some reason that I absolutely cannot fathom, they actually think that giving people this rather shocking message is somehow better than just telling them the truth, which is "Sorry, we haven't actually gotten around to running your test yet."*

I've even heard of occasions when the FTDNA rep told someone on the phone that their test had failed and would require a new collection kit, only to have the results post to the account that very same day.

* Think this doesn't happen? Check out exactly what the lab actually said about my Big Y test here: http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...4&postcount=47

What would the hangup be if I just did a geno 2.0 transfer this summer and then did the upgrade to Y37 a couple months ago?

Comment

Originally posted by pbal114 View Post
                        What would the hangup be if I just did a geno 2.0 transfer this summer and then did the upgrade to Y37 a couple months ago?
                        If you did the paternal line test potentially you should not been impacted by
                        There was a delay in Y-DNA 12 marker testing
                        http://forums.familytreedna.com/showthread.php?t=36277

If you did not that test, then Y-DNA 37 was significantly delayed too, since Y-DNA 12 marker test is a part of it.

W.

Comment

If you believe the "reagent" story, that is.

Bear in mind that I got that status update above about five months after my test was batched.

If you read between the lines of that status update, it becomes clear that the lab had probably spent a maximum of 48 hours actually trying to obtain results from my sample by that point.

That's 48 hours over a five month period, and I'm being generous with that estimate. Make of that what you will.

Comment

batch 590

Any one else still waiting on this batch?
                            Last edited by robert mcdonald; 7 December 2014, 06:08 PM. Reason: dupe

Comment

batch 590

It is December 7 and I'm still waiting:

11/12/2014 Completed
                              10/2/2014 Batched
                              9/21/2014 Ordered

I ordered mtDNA and Y-DNA 67 marker
                              still haven't gotten the Y-DNA 1-12, Y-DNA 13-25 and Y-DNA 26-37

Comment

Working...
                              X