Batch 589 anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch 589 anyone?

Just a thread where folks can share if their Batch 589 results came in. I'm awaiting a Y-67 and FF. Nothing yet. I was batched 9/25. I've read tests are performed simultaneously, so I figure I'll be seeing my FF results first followed by my Y-67, which I'm sure is backed up after the Y sale.

Well then...

Well that was fast, as I was authoring that post, my FF results came in. So Batch 589 is on it's way.

Comment

Gordon,

I am Batch 589, now showing 1 to 2 weeks for results for my Y-DNA37.

Comment

I'm in Batch 587, batched on 9/11, waiting on Y-67 results and still don't have full results. Two weeks ago I received 38 - 47 markers and 61 -67 markers but not the middle markers. It's been saying 1 - 2 weeks for at least a month.

Comment

Received the final panal in the Y67 test yesterday (Batch 587)

Comment

All my panels for my Y-67 test, other than the delayed 1-12 came in today. So some progress!

Comment

Y-67 Complete - Batched 9/25

Finally complete. Batch 589. Not too shabby considering the Panel 1-12 delays. I'm I-M253.

Comment

586 3-4wks on Dec 6th 2014

Still waiting on 12 markers

Comment

Batch 589

Originally posted by gordon-j View Post
                  Just a thread where folks can share if their Batch 589 results came in. I'm awaiting a Y-67 and FF. Nothing yet. I was batched 9/25. I've read tests are performed simultaneously, so I figure I'll be seeing my FF results first followed by my Y-67, which I'm sure is backed up after the Y sale.
                  Still waiting for snp cts8173...still shows 1-2 weeks. But that has not changed in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Additional Delay for Batch 589

Rats!

I just another noticed they just extended my estimate from 1 to 2 weeks up to 3 to 5 weeks, 5-7 Weeks for 12 markers.

Received By Lab on 10/1/2014

Not a chance that I will spend more money on the mystery rewards, plus as a family researcher informed my friends to stay away until this company catches up on the back log.

Comment

Originally posted by K. L. Adams View Post
                      [----] Not a chance that I will spend more money on the mystery rewards, plus as a family researcher informed my friends to stay away until this company catches up on the back log.
                      How can that be a good advice?

They will be paying more and receiving results later. Definitely a lose-lose scenario.

W.

Comment

Originally posted by dna View Post
                        How can that be a good advice?

They will be paying more and receiving results later. Definitely a lose-lose scenario.

W.
                        Sorry buddy, I have multi kits being done by multiple family members at this site. So far, they are in the same drifting boat.

Now this company is going to receive avalanche of new DNA kits arriving due to the discounted prices on a system that is already struggling and very inefficient of providing feedback to the customers, at least this my impression.

I see no reason to spend more money until I see some return on the dollars already spent.

So, right now, I am in a waiting mode to see if this company is going to go further south in backlog or if they are going to catch up with existing orders.

I can always catch next Christmas specials. I'm sure my existing DNA kits will be done by then

Comment

I can always catch next Christmas specials. I'm sure my existing DNA kits will be done by then
                          ...if the stars align, your sample is good enough, the kit doesn't get lost on the way to the lab, they don't have any more supplier issues, they don't get swamped by lab volume, and they've managed to clear the backlog from the inevitable DNA Day and Fathers' Day sales by then.

But, yeah, you are 100% correct. I cannot in good conscience advise anyone to spend money at FTDNA until they iron out some of the more egregious problems they face. As long as people keep giving them money, there is no impetus for them to improve.

Loss of business, however, will push them to make some changes. They've lost mine, and until things get better around here, they've lost my word-of-mouth support as well.

Comment

Sorry buddy, I have multi kits being done by multiple family members at this site. So far, they are in the same drifting boat.

Now this company is going to receive avalanche of new DNA kits arriving due to the discounted prices on a system that is already struggling and very inefficient of providing feedback to the customers, at least this my impression.

I see no reason to spend more money until I see some return on the dollars already spent.

So, right now, I am in a waiting mode to see if this company is going to go further south in backlog or if they are going to catch up with existing orders.

Voice of reason. Where to go??

Comment

!

Originally posted by Sarmat View Post
                              ...if the stars align, your sample is good enough, the kit doesn't get lost on the way to the lab, they don't have any more supplier issues, they don't get swamped by lab volume, and they've managed to clear the backlog from the inevitable DNA Day and Fathers' Day sales by then.

But, yeah, you are 100% correct. I cannot in good conscience advise anyone to spend money at FTDNA until they iron out some of the more egregious problems they face. As long as people keep giving them money, there is no impetus for them to improve.

Loss of business, however, will push them to make some changes. They've lost mine, and until things get better around here, they've lost my word-of-mouth support as well.
                              Mine too!! Put more capitol into testing machinery and personnel for the Y tests. Make the autosomal tests wait, just like we had to a year or two ago. I waited almost eight weeks for my first autosomal test. Why can't they wait for 6 -8 weeks . Of course, I realize that's not a good investment decision. After all, you want to hook them with the autosomal
                              test with quick results and then get them to purchase other tests which end up taking an inordinate amount of time to complete. So what, they then have your money

I've been advising many cousins to come here to test...NO LONGER.
                              Last edited by Tenn4ever; 12 December 2014, 06:05 PM. Reason: To add to text

Comment

Working...
                              X