Frustrating Delays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrating Delays

After my FF results came in, I was waiting for my Y-67 and mtDNA results. I will admit that markers Y 1-37 came in ahead of schedule, but I received notification that the results for Y 38-37 and mtDNA were delayed. I finally got my Y 38-67 results, but my mtDNA results have said "1-2 weeks" for about a month now. I sent a message to technical support a couple of days ago with no response, yet.

I ordered three Y SNP tests 11 days ago. Intitially the expected date was 5-9 weeks. Then it went to 4-8 weeks. Today, it is back to 5-9 weeks. Seems it should be coming close to 3-7 weeks.

I'm concerned and confused by this. The delays seem random and there seems to be little, if any communication to the customer about them. I've read other threads expressing concern about similar issues. Is anything being considered at FTDNA to improve on this?

Thank you.

Here's my "me too" reply.

I'm still waiting on Y-DNA111 results for about a month.
    Got all the way down to 1-3 weeks for results, and then jumped back up to 3-5 weeks.

Frustrating indeed.

Comment

I have been waiting on Big Y results that until today have had an expected completion date of 6/12/2014. Today the expected completion date changed to 6/19/2014.

It appears that the change today was part of a wholesale delay of 7 days applied to many pending Big Y tests. But to post an expected completion date of 3 weeks ago today makes no sense.

I still don't have a clue when to expect results.

Comment

Originally posted by BJackson View Post
        my mtDNA results have said "1-2 weeks" for about a month now.
        Apparently the lab is behind schedule on mtDNA tests. The time estimates provided in myFTDNA are standard/expected timeframes, so once the estimate gets to 1-2 weeks, it will stay there until the results are returned. You can contact Customer Support to ask for a status and expected timeframe for your specific kit. (There's unfortunately no way to provide this information automatically for all customers.)

Originally posted by BJackson View Post
        I ordered three Y SNP tests 11 days ago. Intitially the expected date was 5-9 weeks. Then it went to 4-8 weeks. Today, it is back to 5-9 weeks. Seems it should be coming close to 3-7 weeks.
        Hmm, some adjustments were made to the estimates today, since they were counting down too quickly (they were dropping by a week the day after batch). So that might be why yours went from 4-8 back to 5-9. Generally, the time estimates will only count down

Elise

Comment

Elise, thank you for your reply. I appreciate the explanation. Regarding Customer Service, I did send a request for an update regarding my mtDNA testing about five days ago. I have not yet received a response.

Thanks,

Brent

Comment

It has been my experience that if you email a request to the help desk your response to that request will be 1 to 2 weeks out. If you need a timely response you will need to call. You know "The squeaky wheel" and email does not squeak.

Comment

Originally posted by tlgarrison View Post
              It has been my experience that if you email a request to the help desk your response to that request will be 1 to 2 weeks out. If you need a timely response you will need to call. You know "The squeaky wheel" and email does not squeak.
              That's a long time, tlgarrison. I've made three or four customer service requests in the past and most have been answered within three or four days. I guess I'll just wait. If it gets to be another week, I'll call.

Comment

Working...
              X