Batch 573

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch 573

It's been 5 weeks since my father's Y-dna and Family Finder tests were batched (573). All of the Y is back but the FF is still out there. I have been told by 'Christopher' that there is currently nothing wrong with the test. This is the same person who said FF typically takes 6-8 weeks. Is anyone else still waiting for FF from 573? From what I am seeing on these boards, it should be more like 4 weeks...

My father had the following tests in 573: FF, mt+, and Y-37.

FF - Completed. It says it completed July 4th, but it didn't show up until Monday I think.

Y - Completed. Showed up Tuesday.

mt+ - Not Complete.

Good luck to you!

Comment

Thanks! You too- ugh!

Comment

Originally posted by TeresaJill View Post
        My father had the following tests in 573: FF, mt+, and Y-37.

FF - Completed. It says it completed July 4th, but it didn't show up until Monday I think.

Y - Completed. Showed up Tuesday.

mt+ - Not Complete.

Good luck to you!
        My mtDNA took longer than any test I've done or done for others. It took almost eight weeks and I might add....the most useless test for genealogy paper trial purposes. If I had to do it again I wouldn't have wasted the money. I'm not really into where I came from thousands and thousands of years ago...LOL
        Last edited by Tenn4ever; 10 July 2014, 05:27 PM. Reason: did not complete post

Comment

still not done

My father's mtDNA Plus test in batch 573 still isn't complete.

Comment

Mine too

Still waiting for results from the FF. It had to be re run. The first failed almost 3 weeks ago. This is excruciating . I emailed twice about a week and a half ago and have heard nothing from them. I did call this week and the person I spoke with said the first test was at 93% and that's why they couldn't pass it. It's been two and a half months since I coughed up the money for the FF and the Y. Y came back pretty fast...

Comment

MyOrigins Results are in!

Hallelujah, "MyOrigins" for Batch 573 Family Finder test just came in today! From past posts, I understand that the dna matches will soon follow...

Oh, I'm so relieved to see some results (which took 8 weeks)!

Comment

That's good news!

Comment

Originally posted by familylegend View Post
                  Hallelujah, "MyOrigins" for Batch 573 Family Finder test just came in today! From past posts, I understand that the dna matches will soon follow...

Oh, I'm so relieved to see some results (which took 8 weeks)!
                  Woo hoo! It gives me hope, lol! Thanks for letting us know

Comment

573 FF finally in

Just got the results of my father's FF test, Yay! Now to figure out what I am doing with it!

Comment

failed

After I sent a note asking for info, they told me the test failed and it will be 5-6 more weeks. How is it possible? Did they just notice and restart the testing after I asked?

I wonder what % of tests fail. I've never had a test fail on other DNA sites.

Please FTDNA - when a test fails, send out something telling people it failed.

Comment

Failed

The failure rate seems higher than they will admit, but in the FAQ section, it does say 10-15% of tests fail on the first run. Also, it seems they don't talk to each other, or the lab, or the customer. It took several phone calls on my part until they finally put my test at the highest priority level (probably to get rid of me)! The strange thing is they had just updated my expected results to 3-4 weeks - and then the next day I had my results. No rhyme or reason... good luck!!! My advice is to keep calling and complaining.

Comment

update

My father's mT test still isn't done. It seems like an unreasonable amount of time to wait, but I guess it'll be done when it's done.

There is now a note on the waiting for results page stating that the test failed and that they are retesting. It says 1-2 weeks, but it's said that all along.

Again, I do have to wonder if FTDNA has a problem with failed tests or if maybe other sites aren't as careful. I'm suspecting it's the latter, but some statistics would be nice to see.

Comment

still not done

still not done and still says 1-2 weeks.

I was considering ordering an upgrade of the Y-dna, but frankly, I'm really having my doubts.

Comment

Originally posted by TeresaJill View Post
                              After I sent a note asking for info, they told me the test failed and it will be 5-6 more weeks. How is it possible? Did they just notice and restart the testing after I asked?

I wonder what % of tests fail. I've never had a test fail on other DNA sites.

Please FTDNA - when a test fails, send out something telling people it failed.
                              I don't believe that all these tests are really failing. I think they're sitting in a queue somewhere waiting to be processed.

When the agreed-upon timeframe elapses and the customer justifiably demands to know what's taking so long, FTDNA just plain lies and says that the test has failed or didn't pass quality control because they think that will reassure the customer that FTDNA is simply trying to make sure the results pass muster. It's all in the customer's interest, don't you see?

If the customer complains loudly or often enough, then Customer Service might contact the lab and ask them to go ahead and move that test to the front of the queue.

That's why we hear these reports from customers who have waited for months for results, are eventually told that their tests failed and given new estimates of 6-8 weeks or whatever, then within 48 hours have results in hand.

Comment

Working...
                              X