Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are my post being "moderated" AKA Censored?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are my post being "moderated" AKA Censored?

I often spend a lot of time researching what I post. Two of my recent post have been blocked for "moderation". If I am going to have my work censored without explanation, and no means of retrieval, I will stop posting here.

Can someone please explain why some of my posts are automatically blocked. I am not using profanity, and I have not said anything that could be construed as racist, hateful nor threatening.

One of my posts recently was moderated, but just one.

I can only suspect that moderation is enabled on a per-thread basis--i.e., if the moderator sees that a particular thread is becoming emotionally heated, off-topic, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by lgmayka View Post
      One of my posts recently was moderated, but just one.

I can only suspect that moderation is enabled on a per-thread basis--i.e., if the moderator sees that a particular thread is becoming emotionally heated, off-topic, etc.
      It may likely have to do with key words. For example if I use the word "Iryan" with it's typically English spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Hetware View Post
        It may likely have to do with key words. For example if I use the word "Iryan" with it's typically English spelling.
        Lets see if Aryan is censored.

Comment

Lets see if Aryan is censored.
          I guess not.

Comment

Life Lesson 101: "He who has the gold, rules."

Comment

I often spend a lot of time researching what I post. Two of my recent post have been blocked for "moderation". If I am going to have my work censored without explanation, and no means of retrieval, I will stop posting here.

Can someone please explain why some of my posts are automatically blocked. I am not using profanity, and I have not said anything that could be construed as racist, hateful nor threatening.
              Are you perhaps including links to other websites that might be construed as spam? Some forums have strict rules about not posting links to websites which are selling anything, links to other forums, or websites which might be in competition with their own.

Comment

You may be experiencing a hang over from the time that the previous administrator had a meltdown and put the whole site on moderation. I gather that was done on a topic by topic basis right across the board, and until each of those are manually "unmoderated" you can still get the occasional instance of automatic moderation.

AFAIK there is no replacement administrator as yet.

Comment

Hi all,

I think there's some kind of keyword moderation in place. I asked about it a while back, but didn't get a definitive answer, so I'll ask again.

A few staff members have access to approve moderated posts. I've been traveling for the last 10 days, so I haven't been monitoring the forum as often as I usually do, but I'll check to see if there are any posts still waiting on moderator approval.

Elise

Comment

Originally posted by efgen View Post
                    Hi all,

I think there's some kind of keyword moderation in place. I asked about it a while back, but didn't get a definitive answer, so I'll ask again. ... ....
                    Elise
                    Don't ask in the form of a Forum question ...

Comment

I just made two different posts in a different thread and in the second post I removed everything that I thought would have caused the first one to be moderated but I still got the message that it is awaiting moderation.

edit: I see that I didn't get the same moderation message in this thread

Comment

Working...
                      X