Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a general complaint...

Just a general complaint...

I had my mtdna upgraded over the years, starting in 2006, from HVR1 to HVR2 and finally, in 2010, to the FGS (now called FMS) and I had no FGS matches. I used to get lots of email notifications from ftdna of new matches to my HVR1 and HVR1 & HVR2, causing me to eventually edit my email preferences so that I would receive an email only if I get an FGS/FMS match. I would also periodically log in to my ftdna account over the years to see if I finally got an FMS match. Yesterday, after reading PDHotlens thread of success of getting FMS matches, but with a distance of one, I logged in to my account to peruse my settings, profile, to see what's up, and found I now have two matches. No email notification but most annoying is that both of my matches also tested FMS in 2010, one from the same day as mine, and the other from a month later. All these years neither of them have been listed as matches for me until yesterday.

HVR1, HVR2, Coding Region - 2 Matches

Genetic Distance

And what does genetic difference of one (1) mean?

I had read the replies in PDHotlen thread but there were two differing amounts of time.

Which one of these is correct?

Originally posted by 1798 View Post
    A GD of one is equal to 3700 and two 7400 ybp.

Originally posted by Rebekah Canada View Post
    More like 1,500 years +/- 1,500 years per non-heteroplasmic difference.

I had known, since PhyloTree Build 14, when my H1c was made H1c12, that there was one other H1c12 (also in GenBank), but was an anonymous H1c12 who had one additional mutation.

Another general complaint is that I've made several what I consider to be helpful and interesting posts yesterday and today in other threads and none of them have been approved by the new moderator Rebekah (or not yet) and are not displayed. I've seen posts by other people since that time, but moderated by someone else.

In the past many of my posts and threads, including my threads for the DNA Tribes Digest pdfs, had been deleted.
    rainbow
    FTDNA Customer
    Last edited by rainbow; 7 June 2014, 07:04 PM.

A GD of one is equal to 3700 and two 7400 ybp.

Originally posted by Rebekah Canada View Post
    More like 1,500 years +/- 1,500 years per non-heteroplasmic difference.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow View Post
      As far as I know there are an average of 55 Mtdna mutations in every line today so you can divide that into 200,000 ybp. My son has 55 and I have 66 so even if I have an exact match with someone we are still going to be very distant cousins.

Comment

As far as I know there are an average of 55 Mtdna mutations in every line today so you can divide that into 200,000 ybp. My son has 55 and I have 66 so even if I have an exact match with someone we are still going to be very distant cousins.
        Hi 1798, Thank you for the reply. I'm sorry but I still don't understand it. My brain may be going mushy since I usually, or used to, grasp things quickly.
        rainbow
        FTDNA Customer
        Last edited by rainbow; 7 June 2014, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow View Post
          Hi 1798, Thank you for the reply. I'm sorry but I still don't understand it. My brain may be going mushy since I usually, or used to, grasp things quickly.
          I think that Dr Behar stated that a MTDNA mutation equals 3,700 years. It is the general consensus that modern humans originated around 200,000 years ago in Africa.

Comment

I think that Dr Behar stated that a MTDNA mutation equals 3,700 years. It is the general consensus that modern humans originated around 200,000 years ago in Africa.

Thank you.

I guess I should mention that I doubt evolutionary theory and I am leaning towards being a Creationist, and I believe in Intelligent Design, multiregionalism, and panspermia, but am open to there being some sort of, or a lot of, mixing/mutating following that, and the possibility of human mtdna and ydna radiating out across the world originating in Africa (or from an ancient landmass that is in now underwater where the Indian Ocean is now).
            rainbow
            FTDNA Customer
            Last edited by rainbow; 7 June 2014, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X