Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1798 View Post
    Irish saying,
    "If you were born to be hung, you will not be shot".
    Good saying. Some people do want to know if they are born to be shot or hung. You dare to tell them not to ask. This is an act of restricting their freedom and this is something that I cannot accept.

Comment

Please keep it respectful guys.

-Darren

Comment

Originally posted by E19463 View Post
        Good saying. Some people do want to know if they are born to be shot or hung. You dare to tell them not to ask. This is an act of restricting their freedom and this is something that I cannot accept.
        I did not say that someone should not ask.

Those FF tests are comprehensive and so cheap for us they could be subsidized. Whoever is putting the money in may have something to do with how much info is allowed in to the raw data file.

Comment

Originally posted by 1798 View Post
          If you look up some of the medically revelant SNPs you would become a nervous wreck. One of the SNPs that I have is connected to autism but I am not autistic.
          There are many autism spectrum disorders. For example, there is obsessive–compulsive personality disorder, which is part of autism, is a personality disorder characterized by a pervasive pattern of preoccupation with orderliness, perfectionism, excessive attention to details, mental and interpersonal control, and a need for power over one's environment, at the expense of flexibility, openness, and efficiency. Persons affected with this disorder may find it hard to relax, always feeling that time is running out for their activities and that more effort is needed to achieve their goals. They may plan their activities down to the minute—a manifestation of the compulsive tendency to keep control over their environment and to dislike unpredictable things as things they cannot control.

It is characterized by at least three of the following:

* feelings of excessive doubt and caution
          * preoccupation with details,rules,lists,order, organization, or schedule
          * perfectionism that interferes with task completion
          * excessive conscientiousness, scrupulousness, and undue preoccupation with productivity to the exclusion of pleasure and interpersonal relationships
          * excessive pedantry and adherence to social conventions
          * rigidity and stubbornness
          * unreasonable insistence by the individual that others submit exactly to his or her way of doing things or unreasonable reluctance to allow others to do things
          * intrusion of insistent and unwelcome thoughts or impulses

Comment

I wasn't aware that FTDNA removed the medically related SNPs when I bought their test for my half-sister. I tested at 23andMe and uploaded to FTDNA. I got a Promethease report to get more info, and assumed I could get one for my sister. It is disappointing to find out some of the SNPs are removed from the data so she won't get as much info.

Comment

Originally posted by nicolam View Post
              I wasn't aware that FTDNA removed the medically related SNPs when I bought their test for my half-sister. I tested at 23andMe and uploaded to FTDNA. I got a Promethease report to get more info, and assumed I could get one for my sister. It is disappointing to find out some of the SNPs are removed from the data so she won't get as much info.
              I got a Promethease report with my FF raw data and there is a lot of interesting stuff in the report.

Comment

I think they delete a lot more than medical snps. My DNA tests at other companies shows my asian, north african and western european ethnic breakdown. But the family finder here at FTDNA does not.

Comment

Originally posted by daragon24 View Post
                  My DNA tests at other companies shows my asian, north african and western european ethnic breakdown. But the family finder here at FTDNA does not.
                  Yes they do report those kinds of intracontinental breakdowns when their algorithm detects SNP patterns in a customer that they think represent at least 1% of that person's genome.

Comment

Working...
                  X