Posting to threads. ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting to threads. ...

Just back to the site after quite a few days away.

I notice today that all posts and replies have to be approved by a moderator now before they appear live. I hope that process doesn't run on the same time program as the Big Y test results.

R-Z57. U3b2a. (Sorry, not possible to edit the old signature)
    Last edited by Mudgeeclarke; 19 May 2014, 12:50 PM. Reason: Added correct signature

Originally posted by Mudgeeclarke View Post
    I notice today that all posts and replies have to be approved by a moderator now before they appear live.
    Hmm, that's actually not the case.

There may be some posts getting caught by our moderation filters, but I think most of those are getting approved quickly. I'll see if there are any currently waiting for approval. (edit: I just approved your post, and am trying to figure out why it was moderated!)

Also, specific sub-forums, like Announcements, may indeed have moderation enabled.

Elise
    Last edited by efgen; 19 May 2014, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by efgen View Post

There may be some posts getting caught by our moderation filters, but I think most of those are getting approved quickly. I'll see if there are any currently waiting for approval. (edit: I just approved your post, and am trying to figure out why it was moderated!)

Also, specific sub-forums, like Announcements, may indeed have moderation enabled.

Elise
      Many thanks, Elise. Finger on the pulse, as always.

PS. While you are taking the pulse, any chance you can go in the back and change my tiny signature thingy to read the Z57 instead of the Z49 which was pre-BigY. Maybe you cannot ... No biggie.
      Last edited by Mudgeeclarke; 19 May 2014, 02:37 PM.

Comment

PS. While you are taking the pulse, any chance you can go in the back and change my tiny signature thingy to read the Z57 instead of the Z49 which was pre-BigY. Maybe you cannot ... No biggie.
        Unfortunately, I cannot -- I have access to the moderator functions, but this one requires an admin.

Elise

Comment

There were some very tenacious spammers a few days ago that suddenly appeared. Perhaps that is the cause of the change.

Comment

Elise
            Hi Elise: I notice my post this morning (simple question in Y DNA) is also being held up waiting for a Moderator. Either there is a red flag against my name (who, me?) or there is a glitch, still. Cheers, Colin

Comment

Hi Elise: I notice my post this morning (simple question in Y DNA) is also being held up waiting for a Moderator. Either there is a red flag against my name (who, me?) or there is a glitch, still. Cheers, Colin
              Just approved it. I'm still trying to find out about the moderation filters.

Elise

Comment

Elise
                Thank you.

Comment

Elise

Elise, please moderate/approve my recent reply to another member in the YDNA section. (Again). Soooooo frustrating that I can't answer a reply ...

If you haven't got time, please ask Elsie to do it ....

Comment

If you haven't got time, please ask Elsie to do it ....
                    approved!

Comment

I just tried to post a success story and got a message that my post has gone to moderation. Seems a little strange that FTDNA wants to have the option to censor good news about successes

Comment

Originally posted by LynCra View Post
                        I just tried to post a success story and got a message that my post has gone to moderation. Seems a little strange that FTDNA wants to have the option to censor good news about successes
                        Approved! I still need to figure out what's causing random posts to be moderated -- have been traveling the last couple weeks, so haven't followed up on that yet.

Elise

Comment

Thanks Elise. Not easy to see the logic of what is being sent to moderation. Good that you are keeping an eye on things between your trips

Comment

I've run into the same problem, and I'm supposed to be a "Junior Moderator"!

I've tried several times to post some help to a person who was seeking info about R1b-DF27, but to no avail.

It's aggravating.

Comment

Working...
                            X