X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexandrina
    replied
    Cannot View Any Kits at ALL in GAP

Am getting exactly the same issue here. When I log in I get to Gap homepage but cannot access any kits at all.

When Kit number is clicked the Browser diverts to a Log in Screen again and again. The Home Page shows as Logged in however.

Am using Chrome. Lots of people are reporting this issue.

Leave a comment:

• Rebekah Canada
    replied
    Hi,

I suggest not using the www.ftdna.com shortcut again. I know we love it, but I doubt it will be fixed anytime soon.
    • Clear Cache
    • Clear Cookies
    • Clear Browsing History
    • Update Bookmarks to always use HTTPS links.
    • Don't under use Safari, it and the site combined have speed issues --no we don't know why.
    • Only use https://www.familytreedna.com/login.aspx to login.

<sigh>

Originally posted by 1798 View Post
    I can't get on the FTDNA site.My computer says that it can't connect to the real FTDNA site and is blocking me for security reasons.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by goldschlager View Post
    Keeps returning to enter kit and password page. USING A SAFARI BROWSER
    I can't get on the FTDNA site.My computer says that it can't connect to the real FTDNA site and is blocking me for security reasons.

Leave a comment:

• Zaru
    replied
    It's still working.

Obviously a couple of others might be experiencing the same issue.

I don't have an answer but the symptoms seem to be identical.

Leave a comment:

• Rebekah Canada
    replied
    Hi,

I have theories, but I am not positive. If anyone has it happen after clearing-all and going right to the main login page, I would love to get a screenshot of their browser settings pages.

Originally posted by Zaru View Post
    But I have to question why I have had to do this twice in the last two weeks. Is it my browser's inadequacy? I've never had this problem previously....

Leave a comment:

• goldschlager
    replied
    Not Working

Keeps returning to enter kit and password page. USING A SAFARI BROWSER

Leave a comment:

• emyr
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebekah Canada View Post
    Hi,

I suggest not using the www.ftdna.com shortcut again. I know we love it, but I doubt it will be fixed anytime soon.
    • Clear Cache
    • Clear Cookies
    • Clear Browsing History

<sigh>
    What have I missed now? So now I can't access the website at www.ftdna.com??? Perhaps an email would have been nice. Please tell me how to access my matches. I just tried tonight and got the untrusted message using safari. I am really starting to lose my cool with this!

Leave a comment:

• mebrowndfw
    replied
    Is there a problem with ftdna.com that I missed? It's all I use anymore and I have had no trouble.

Originally posted by Rebekah Canada View Post
    Hi,

Leave a comment:

• Zaru
    replied
    It worked.

Cleared out all of my cookies, cache, etc, (again).

But I have to question why I have had to do this twice in the last two weeks. Is it my browser's inadequacy? I've never had this problem previously.

Thank you for hanging in there, I know that you must be getting exhausted from dealing with this.

Leave a comment:

• Zaru
    replied
    i'm in on Safari.

it works now on safari.

Leave a comment:

• Rebekah Canada
    replied
    Hi,

• Clear Cache
    • Clear Cookies
    • Clear Browsing History

<sigh>

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to ftdna.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
    What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

Leave a comment:

• Zaru
    replied
    Same security message as with Firefox

Could you have been hacked?

Leave a comment:

• Zaru
    replied
    let me try with Safari.

please hold for an update.

Leave a comment:

• Zaru
    replied
    Just cleared my cookies with no effect.

Still cannot access from desktop.

Leave a comment:

• Rebekah Canada
    replied
    Hi,

I have a random thought on what is going on. I could be very very wrong. Personal users are not the only ones with caches. Some internet service providers also have them.

If you want to hear anguished misery, try our customer support team members when the "evil login loop" happens to them.

And now it works.

I am really at my ending point- but, there might be a bug on your site(or in my cache). Now that I think about it, this evening as I was trying to access the page from my browser history I was getting a security prompt for the sit- which had never happened before.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X