Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's in a Kvetching Name?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What's in a Kvetching Name?

    If the phrase Kvetching Central was meant to be humorous, it is not. In the old Jewish neighborhood where I grew up, a Kvetch was someone who complained constantly, and often just for the sake of complaining.

    www.thefreedictionary.com/kvetch‎
    intr.v. kvetched, kvetch·ing, kvetch·es. To complain persistently and whiningly. n. 1. A chronic, whining complainer. 2. A nagging complaint: "a rambling kvetch ...

    Those of us who have legitimate concerns, and, yes, complaints, e.g. the Big Y fiasco, deserve to be taken seriously. So perhaps an attitude that is a bit less patronizing would help in restoring customer confidence.

    DJ Desmond - Kit N98521

  • #2
    Hello,

    I think, perhaps, you are looking for the BIG Y forum. It is here.
    http://forums.familytreedna.com/forumdisplay.php?f=236
    ...

    DJ Desmond - Kit N98521[/QUOTE]

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by dessr View Post
      If the phrase Kvetching Central was meant to be humorous, it is not. In the old Jewish neighborhood where I grew up, a Kvetch was someone who complained constantly, and often just for the sake of complaining.

      www.thefreedictionary.com/kvetch‎
      intr.v. kvetched, kvetch·ing, kvetch·es. To complain persistently and whiningly. n. 1. A chronic, whining complainer. 2. A nagging complaint: "a rambling kvetch ...

      Those of us who have legitimate concerns, and, yes, complaints, e.g. the Big Y fiasco, deserve to be taken seriously. So perhaps an attitude that is a bit less patronizing would help in restoring customer confidence.

      DJ Desmond - Kit N98521
      Wow! I had not taken the time to look up the definition. How insulting to FTDNA customers that our issues are viewed in this way by FTDNA representatives. . Thanks for giving me one more thing to be angry about.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi,

        We are borrowing the concept from the Wordpress.org website.http://wordpress.org/extend/kvetch/

        We have over 2 dozen other forums to use including 1 dedicated to requests including requests for bug fixes. :-) Now, why Emy are you over here instead of using one of them?

        Originally posted by emyr View Post
        Wow! I had not taken the time to look up the definition. How insulting to FTDNA customers that our issues are viewed in this way by FTDNA representatives. . Thanks for giving me one more thing to be angry about.

        Comment


        • #5
          I think, perhaps, you are missing the point

          Originally posted by Rebekah Canada View Post
          Hello,

          I think, perhaps, you are looking for the BIG Y forum. It is here.
          http://forums.familytreedna.com/forumdisplay.php?f=236
          ...

          DJ Desmond - Kit N98521
          [/QUOTE]

          The reference to Big Y was illustrative. The complaint, in case you didn't read it carefully, was that to categorize complaints as "kvetching" is offensive. And obnoxious. However, you can look on the bright side: the stupidity of your reply has convinced me never again to do business with FTDNA; that at least should lighten your reading workload a little.

          Comment


          • #6
            And, the word "stupidity" is offensive and obnoxious.......

            Comment


            • #7
              We have another forum for feedback on website problems

              Hi,

              I am very sorry if you missed it. If you check here:
              http://forums.familytreedna.com/index.php

              You will see that we have:
              Features Requests Area (http://forums.familytreedna.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163)
              This forum is for customers to talk about features they would like to see. It may also be used to report potential website issues and account bugs, though you will get faster service by sending those to [email protected].

              That is where all as you put it complaints about the site are meant to go.

              This forum is for Kvetching. So.. While I am here, I would like to register that the weather in Houston is not perfect today. The temperature is just between short sleeve and long sleeve. I am not sure how to dress for it. I know that it will randomly change from one extreme to the other without notice. The forecast is bound to be wrong. Really... it is sucking the joy from my new BIG Y results! I object!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dessr View Post

                The reference to Big Y was illustrative. The complaint, in case you didn't read it carefully, was that to categorize complaints as "kvetching" is offensive. And obnoxious. However, you can look on the bright side: the stupidity of your reply has convinced me never again to do business with FTDNA; that at least should lighten your reading workload a little.
                This is exactly what prompted my email to FTDNA. Be sure that you call/email advising of your experience. Customer service is severely lacking in many aspects.
                Last edited by mebrowndfw; 1 April 2014, 09:48 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hi,

                  What may I do to improve your customer experience? Do you have questions about results? Trouble using your myFTDNA account?

                  Originally posted by mebrowndfw View Post

                  This is exactly what prompted my email to FTDNA. Be sure that you call/email advising of your experience. Customer service is severely lacking in many aspects.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Perhaps if I re-post here Ms Canada will bother to answer

                    since my e-mail has not been answered and not below message which was posted several times already )after spending close to 3 k in the last year with FTDNA one would think some better treatment is to be expected) :

                    My experience may be useful to others so here it is: My BigY results were first slated to be available on 2/28 which was later changed to 3/28. When the 3/28 has passed I wrote an e-mail to Customer Service with no answer. Today I called them- the rep said there is a need for a new kit and will be sent. To my statement that this should have been identified EARLIER (on this kit I had Y67, FF, mtFS, then an upgrade to Y111 plus some particular SNP), he apologized.
                    So the point is, you need to call them if want to find out. Clearly there are big communications problems.. Incidentally the page still shows 3/18 date. Also I have done GENO2.o as well -- wasn't that kit available to FTDNA. No answer to my e-mail, nothing from this Forum admin...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      This is an educated guess. It is only a guess though. Between all of those other tests and _attempting_ BIG Y, they ran through all of your DNA sample.

                      Originally posted by goldschlager View Post
                      since my e-mail has not been answered and not below message which was posted several times already )after spending close to 3 k in the last year with FTDNA one would think some better treatment is to be expected) :

                      My experience may be useful to others so here it is: My BigY results were first slated to be available on 2/28 which was later changed to 3/28. When the 3/28 has passed I wrote an e-mail to Customer Service with no answer. Today I called them- the rep said there is a need for a new kit and will be sent. To my statement that this should have been identified EARLIER (on this kit I had Y67, FF, mtFS, then an upgrade to Y111 plus some particular SNP), he apologized.
                      So the point is, you need to call them if want to find out. Clearly there are big communications problems.. Incidentally the page still shows 3/18 date. Also I have done GENO2.o as well -- wasn't that kit available to FTDNA. No answer to my e-mail, nothing from this Forum admin...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yes, but shouldn't this have been figured out NOT end of March but when I purchased the BigY four months earlier? In the meantime I have been led to believe that results are forthcoming. Now I am waiting for a new kit and may get them in other 2-3 months or whatever...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by goldschlager View Post
                          Yes, but shouldn't this have been figured out NOT end of March but when I purchased the BigY four months earlier? In the meantime I have been led to believe that results are forthcoming. Now I am waiting for a new kit and may get them in other 2-3 months or whatever...
                          If you have not, open a helpdesk ticket and put "Attention Michelle" at the top. If you have opened a heldesk ticket, reply to the email adding the attention comment and state specifically the clarification you are looking for. If you don't get a satisfactory answer, it's not difficult to locate email addresses for other people higher up in the company. Honestly, though, hope for an explanation but don't expect one.

                          You're not going to get far dealing with the helpdesk alone or on these forums.

                          Best of luck to you.

                          Michael
                          Last edited by mebrowndfw; 1 April 2014, 12:17 PM. Reason: Removed double quote.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Well... It is again a guess, but it is entirely possible that your results were some of the handful that failed last week in final QA and that spurred the new kit. :-/

                            On the other hand, well, you can write to helpdesk and include the magic Attention Michelle in the subject line. She might be able to track down exactly what happened. Please be nice to Michelle. She is completely awesome, and I do not want her to ever leave FTDNA.

                            Originally posted by goldschlager View Post
                            Yes, but shouldn't this have been figured out NOT end of March but when I purchased the BigY four months earlier? In the meantime I have been led to believe that results are forthcoming. Now I am waiting for a new kit and may get them in other 2-3 months or whatever...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Rebekah Canada View Post
                              Well... It is again a guess, but it is entirely possible that your results were some of the handful that failed last week in final QA and that spurred the new kit. :-/

                              On the other hand, well, you can write to helpdesk and include the magic Attention Michelle in the subject line. She might be able to track down exactly what happened. Please be nice to Michelle. She is completely awesome, and I do not want her to ever leave FTDNA.

                              I never said it was magic. It does, however, tend to result in a better explanation of what's typically going on. Too bad everyone isn't as supportive.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X