Slow website.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow website.

Why is your site so very slow? I have been trying to work with my matches since last Thursday. The wait time to move from one screen to another is literally minutes instead of seconds! What is going on?

Its the slow Https

Originally posted by fisherc View Post
    Why is your site so very slow? I have been trying to work with my matches since last Thursday. The wait time to move from one screen to another is literally minutes instead of seconds! What is going on?

Comment

It's infuriating, that's what it is!!! Each page takes 2 or 3 minutes, and half of the time never loads at all. No one can get anything done this way. It reminds me of the old days of dial-up, only worse.

Comment

same here I have firefox and it take 3min - 6min to load each page on a 12mb internet its way worse then dailup.

also some pages never finish loading

Originally posted by MoberlyDrake View Post
        It's infuriating, that's what it is!!! Each page takes 2 or 3 minutes, and half of the time never loads at all. No one can get anything done this way. It reminds me of the old days of dial-up, only worse.
        Last edited by madman; 16 March 2014, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by madman View Post
          Its the slow Https
          Since I'm not that computer savvy, can anyone explain why it's so slow since this change? Will it stay this way? Why was the change implemented? Is it just not working the way it is meant to and we will see improvement soon?

These are a few of the questions that I have. I just wish that FTDNA would have made some type of announcement about this with a warning that services could be interrupted for some time. I don't understand though why other websites seem to be able to implement changes without so many problems.

Comment

Stuck on Home Page

Can get to my home page but not from there to any match pages.

Jim

Comment

website is unusable

FTDNA results website is now completely unusable in its current state. It is so slow that it keeps telling me to "kill the unresponsive page" or the usual 'Houston we have a problem' error page because it has timed out again and again! ARGH!

I live in England, UK and so the times that I am logging on to my account is when most of America & Canada is sleeping, so there should be much less traffic for me than most members BUT it is still so slow that I am seriously considering quitting FTDNA for good!

Sort this out please, NOW!!!
              Last edited by paulanthony1976; 17 March 2014, 12:14 PM.

Comment

the pages seem to be in a forever loop today i got one page to load in 20+ mins

Originally posted by paulanthony1976 View Post
                FTDNA results website is now completely unusable in its current state. It is so slow that it keeps telling me to "kill the unresponsive page" or the usual 'Houston we have a problem' error page because it has timed out again and again! ARGH!

I live in England, UK and so the times that I am logging on to my account is when most of America & Canada is sleeping, so there should be much less traffic for me than most members BUT it is still so slow that I am seriously considering quitting FTDNA for good!

Sort this out please, NOW!!!

Comment

I called FTDNA this morning and was told the staff is working on the problem. The customer service representative apologized for the inconvenience. While I appreciate the apology and I'm happy that they are working on the issue, this response is simply not enough.

I sent a follow up email to customer service about the issue. I received an email back (very quickly) stating the same things that the phone representative told me. Basically, we are aware of the issue, engineering staff is working on it, and we apologize.

I sent an email back asking the following questions:

1. Do you have a testing protocol for changes to the website so that IT staff is actually reviewing the functionality after a change rather than leaving it to customers to find these issues out themselves and then lodge complaints?

2. What is the main reason for the slowness of the website? Some on the forum have indicated it is related to a change to https. Can you tell me if this is correct and why this change was implemented? I'm sure there are good reasons for it, but I would like to understand. Also, can you tell me when these issues will be corrected? An explanation on the website or on the forum would have been nice and would still be much appreciated. I am not that IT literate so I don't understand all that has been going in, but a simple explanation would certainly help.

3. Can you tell me when the gedcom issue will be corrected? Where is it on the priority list of items to correct?

4. Is it possible for FTDNA to provide announcements of upcoming changes to the website so that customers aren't taken completely by surprise? I made plans this weekend to focus on my dna results, but was not able to accomplish much due to the website issues. A notice/announcement by FTDNA staff that work was being done and customers might face service interruptions would have helped me make alternate plans. Also, by allowing those issues to surface during the weekend when your staff is not available to take phone calls is a problem. That leaves only the forum and the facebook for customers to ask questions and post about their frustration. Not good for your reputation.

Comment

Impressed with the Speed of Response from Customer Service

I wanted to post an update. I have already received a second reply from customer service. Again with no specific information, but letting me know that my email had been forwarded to the IT department. Kudos to the front line customer service department for responding so quickly!

Comment

Working...
                    X