Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Anyone Ever Complain About the Appearance of the Forum in Past Years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Anyone Ever Complain About the Appearance of the Forum in Past Years?

We hear lots of complaints about the appearance of the forum these days. (I do quite a bit of it myself, though I didn't even bother with the last changes.)

But I don't remember anyone ever complaining about the appearance of the forum between the time I began reading and posting (around 2010) until the first change a few months ago. Does anyone else remember any posts complaining about appearance during those years?

Everyone was discussing DNA. Now the majority of the posts are not about DNA at all, just about cosmetic changes to the forum and web pages, the website not working, and Rebekah herself.

Can't we just get back to DNA?

There WAS a lot of complaining! But, if I recall, most of it was about how many weeks overdue peoples test results were.

Comment

I don't remember any complaining about the appearance of the forum. Like you, I do remember complaints about the delay in receiving test results and the lack of communication about those results. However, there was a lot of positive things going on as well.

I ordered my first test in December of 2012. I have been pretty happy with the forum and FTDNA overall. Have there been some hiccups? Certainly. But overall, I've been very pleased, until recently. My frustration level is now at an all time high.

Comment

Originally posted by emyr View Post

I ordered my first test in December of 2012. I have been pretty happy with the forum and FTDNA overall. Have there been some hiccups? Certainly. But overall, I've been very pleased, until recently. My frustration level is now at an all time high.
        I realized this morning, that I actually ordered my first test in December, 2011. So that is just over two full years that I have been a customer of FTDNA.

Comment

Changes

I don't remember complaints about the appearance of the forums in the past, but now the changes throughout the forum all seem annoying to me. It used to be a place to discuss all kinds of topics with an occasional look through by a moderator and some topics being closed down due to a squabble or two. Now the whole thing seems to be in overkill mode. Too much moderator interaction and remarks that aren't necessary. I for one won't be using the forums very much because the style of it has completely changed and not for the better. It feels like way too much oversight in a place that used to bring enjoyment and conversation. I don't need cute and pretty and useless forum updates.

Comment

The things that seemed to crop up most were, I believe, mostly related to IT matters. Incessant Tribulation.

The Forum scarcely figured. It does make sense to concentrate on content more than appearance.

Personally I'd like YSearch looked into.

Comment

Working...
            X