Gedcom troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gedcom troubles

Why can't your IT idiots get the Gedcom uploads fixed. It's been busted for several weeks now. There was a blurb on screen last Monday about getting it fixed but so far no FIX! This is absolutely ridiculous. If they can't keep from screwing things up, Time to replace them with someone who knows what they are doing.

Kvetching means NOT insulting

Zitat: "IT idiots"

I just wonder, that some persons are so aggressive and forget about their kinderstube... It´s just a forum not war. Sports may help some time.

Comment

Is this 'problem' the reason my gedcom only shows names and dates of birth? I have uploaded my gedcom repeatedly, but nothing I do is inserting the other dates and places.

I sent off my kit today and am trying to get my gedcom in place before my results arrive. Am I doing something wrong or is it the glitch to which you refer?

Comment

No, you did propably nothing wrong with your upload. FTDNA has a problem and they know about that and they told to fix it. It´s some days ago, when they promised to do that. Even if their fix takes longer, it was just my thought, that insulting the IT-staff (see the post down) is not the right way to complain.

Comment

It certainly makes the trees less useful!!!

What I'm afraid of though, is that many people who have uploaded Gedcoms during the period when it hasn't been working won't go back and do it over, either because they don't check their own tree to notice that place data is missing, or because they think that's normal here now.

Comment

As a new forum/ftdna user, I would have thought the info was normal and would not have double checked. My saving grace is that I am a new ftdna-submitter and I checked my gedcom upload.

If I hadn't checked, I wouldn't have seen what a gaping hole my gedcom/pedigree has become.

Comment

Originally posted by suttonwho View Post
              As a new forum/ftdna user, I would have thought the info was normal and would not have double checked. My saving grace is that I am a new ftdna-submitter and I checked my gedcom upload.

If I hadn't checked, I wouldn't have seen what a gaping hole my gedcom/pedigree has become.
              Pardon me. I hate to change the subject, but what sort of Sutton are you? A Dudley-Sutton?

Comment

So glad I decided to drop by the forum today. I started a new job after Christmas and have not had as much time as usual to devote to my dna matches. Over the last week or two, I have finally had time to get back to it a little bit. I noticed that a lot of the new matches had gedcoms without locations. I found this very disappointing! I thought it was just that the match had left off the locations. The gedcoms aren't nearly as useful without the locations! Please FTDNA, fix this. There are so few matches with gedcoms, we need those gedcoms to be as useful as possible.

Comment

I agree. It seems to me that this would be easily resolved if, when this problem is fixed, FTDNA would send out an email to all Family Finder kit owners explaining what the problem was, that it has been fixed, and recommending that the Gedcom be reloaded. (This would also be a perfect opportunity to mention the $10 coupon for uploading a Gedcom, as many older kits do not have uploaded Gedcoms in the first place).

Originally posted by MoberlyDrake View Post
                  It certainly makes the trees less useful!!!

What I'm afraid of though, is that many people who have uploaded Gedcoms during the period when it hasn't been working won't go back and do it over, either because they don't check their own tree to notice that place data is missing, or because they think that's normal here now.

Comment

I wish that $10 could be applied to an SNP test...but it cannot - the price of the test is too low.

Comment

Me too. :-( So many SNPs... So few SNP coupons...
                      Originally posted by cybrsage View Post
                      I wish that $10 could be applied to an SNP test...but it cannot - the price of the test is too low.

Comment

Apparently they have fixed it.

I reloaded my daughter-in-laws gedcom yesterday and it worked. Yay! No more missing places and dates.

Comment

Working...
                        X