X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• razyn
    replied
    Originally posted by similligan View Post
    It would be good, though, to find something that would help those who have a major difference at one marker that prevents them from matching.
    There is a new Russian search program that has shown me "matches" as distant as GD=24. I hadn't used its search function until this morning, and I wrote it up for a couple of forums. This one is accessible to the non-registered public:

Just follow the instructions in my post there. When you have entered the Ysearch or FTDNA kit number for the sample for which you want to see matches or "neighbors," be sure to try out Demo 1 and Demo 2. They access somewhat different databases, and therefore give you different results (with a lot of overlap).

Leave a comment:

• similligan
    replied
    It would be good, though, to find something that would help those who have a major difference at one marker that prevents them from matching. I have one project member who is 4 less than most of the rest at one marker and another who is 7 less. I'm not sure how to resolve this. Maybe allow them to choose to disregard one marker when matching?

Susan

Leave a comment:

• efgen
    replied
    FTDNA displays the genetic distance levels that are most likely to be genealogically-relevant and found via paper trail.

The allowed genetic distance level is not "up to 3" -- it varies based on how many markers you're comparing.

12 markers: Exact & GD=1
    25 markers: GD=2 or better
    37 markers: GD=4 or better
    67 markers: GD=7 or better
    111 markers: GD=10 or better

This information is also available in the FAQ:

Elise

Leave a comment:

• msc_44
    replied
    I agree I have already sent them a suggestion for seeing an option to see up to 10 markers off yours ftdna said they would pass it on to that department.

Leave a comment:

• Taylor.
    started a topic Extend Genetic Distance for matches to "6"

Extend Genetic Distance for matches to "6"

i would like to see my FTDNA matches include genetic distances of 4-5-6.
    today, we only get to see the matches up to "3" -- believe me, this is not sufficient. frequently, a 4 or 5 match will produce a paper trail for the relationship.
Working...
X