X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad DNA Projects

Originally posted by k.o.gran View Post
    Hi Mudgeeclarke,

I understand your frustration, but I think requiring several admins per project is a bit too strict. I would rather see that projects above a specific number of members had 2 admins and even bigger projects should have 3.

I think a better way would be to have some sort of report function that customers could use to report "bad" projects and that FTDNA had a routine to follow in those cases.

-Kai
    How would one define a BAD project? What oversight does FTDNA have once a "Bad" project is identified?
    Just asking?
    wgc

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      How would one define a BAD project? What oversight does FTDNA have once a "Bad" project is identified?
      Just asking?
      wgc
      I'm not aware of any criterion, and maybe 'bad' is not a good descriptive word. And I don't think FTDNA has oversight, although when I asked via email how to get in touch with an admin, they did tell me they had the same problem making contact. So I guess all they can do, really, is provide the 'facility' and leave it to the volunteers/creators to run the project as they see fit.

In the mtDNA Project case I referred to, the admin (who had done quite a lot earlier) had not been active for about two years, and the contact email addresses were not working. Yet, a G**gle search could find that named person being quite active elsewhere. So my assumption was that the admin had lost interest/was too involved elsewhere/had got all they had wanted/etc. Happily, a new volunteer has stepped in, and is actively working the project. But it was in the doldrums for a long time.

In another case, I could not 'join' a project for several months and obviously nothing was being advanced in the project results pages, however, that admin did contact me after a few weeks, and frankly stated that he was overworked with career/family/relocation and would be active again soon. And he followed through with that promise to restart his activity. Pressure of work/family is an understandable reason for taking a 'break'.

I hasten to add that most of the projects with which I am a member are well managed, and very active, and communication is excellent.

Comment

Working...
      X