Extra DNA storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra DNA storage

Based on some other conversations I've seen lately, looks like it would appreciated if it were possible to put additional DNA samples into storage for existing customers, perhaps for some nominal additional charge (and maybe credited if you order more tests?). This would go some distance to "futureproofing" on behalf of elderly participants, or more distant relatives who might prefer not to be bothered again when tests evolve.

Contact Family Tree DNA. Tell them your kit # & that you would like to submit a couple more samples to have in storage. I am 99% certain they will comply.

When I ordered the FGS for my dad in August, 2009, I advised them that he was 91 years old & that, even though they thought they had enough already for the mtDNA FGS, it would probably be a wise idea to collect an additional sample. They sent the kit. Long story short:

1. turns out they didn't need the extra sample for FGS

2. my father died on Dec. 25, 2009

3. in March, 2010, I had them use the extra sample for Family Finder (which wasn't offered yet by Family Tree DNA at the time of his passing).

Timothy Peterman

Comment

Working...
    X