X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daveungar
    replied
    2nd that motion

A multi-kit login is badly needed and ultimately promotes sales of kits by making it easier for an interested family member to recruit others to test and more easily analyze the results. A Username is easier to remember than kit numbers. As the first poster suggested a bank-account style logon with a list of kits by name and number would be an excellent addition.

Leave a comment:

• MoberlyDrake
    replied
    I was refused a project also. Why couldn't they link a password to an email address instead of to a kit number in order to allow people who manage kits for multiple family members to see information for all the kits they manage?

Carol Anne

Leave a comment:

• Roscoe2000
    replied
    I also would like to be able to attach my result to family memebers who I'am the contact for. I tried going the project route, but was shot down.

Surly there needs to away for members like me, who don't qualify for a project to at least be able form a group which would allow for one log in for multiple kits.

Leave a comment:

• GayeSherman
    replied
    Advanced Matching and Family Groups

Now that we have the "Advanced Matching" feature it has become a bit annoying to not be able to have my mtDNA results attached to my son and my half-brother (maternal side).

I'm sure there are plenty of others who don't see the point of shelling out for another mtDNA or Y-DNA test when there is no question that the results would be the same as those of family members who have already tested mtDNA or Y-DNA. They could be clearly marked as "presumed from family member test" so those who match "us" will know where it comes from.

Just a suggestion.

Gaye

Leave a comment:

• dwight
    replied
    Why not? I don't see a downside. Our project now has my brother, a 2nd cousin (our father's side), and my closest y-DNA cousin who has a total brick wall + a 1st cousin (mother's side) - plus my wife. Hopefully soon we'll get a couple of my wife's half-siblings in there too and start working on her side of the family. The upside is I can handle all of these accounts with one single login (except for a few functions that are reserved for the specific user login.
    Originally posted by MoberlyDrake View Post
    I manage 3 Family Finder kits including my own. The other 2 kits are those of close relatives, one of whom also has y-DNA results. These relatives have absolutely no interest. I paid for their tests because I have several brick walls and an NPE to deal with.

I would definitely like one login for all kits. I often find myself signing out of one account to check something in another, then signing out of that one and going back to the previous one. But I can't see starting a project that has as its goal breaking down some brick walls in my own research, with myself being the only person interested in the project!!!

Carol Anne

Leave a comment:

• MoberlyDrake
    replied
    I manage 3 Family Finder kits including my own. The other 2 kits are those of close relatives, one of whom also has y-DNA results. These relatives have absolutely no interest. I paid for their tests because I have several brick walls and an NPE to deal with.

I would definitely like one login for all kits. I often find myself signing out of one account to check something in another, then signing out of that one and going back to the previous one. But I can't see starting a project that has as its goal breaking down some brick walls in my own research, with myself being the only person interested in the project!!!

Carol Anne

Leave a comment:

• rdegnen
    replied
    single login

I also have multiple kits and a single login like at 23andMe would be great.

Leave a comment:

• dwight
    replied
    there is no fee involved in starting up, administering, or joining a project. (now the opportunity costs of the commitment of our own time? that's a different matter entirely! ;-) )

Originally posted by Roscoe2000 View Post
    Yes going the project route would be away, but for now I will only be dealing with three kits, and see no need to tie up any more resources than required, when there are other projects that are out there.

Instead of a project what if it is more family group so (1) anyone from outside could at a glance see that all the test kits are part of a common linage. (2) Provide a common pass word for multiple kits. This could be provided as a reduced versus of a Project, with out need to re-invent the wheel and start a full project. Even if there is a minimum one time fee, I'm sure those that there are in my situation that would be willing to pay it.

Leave a comment:

• Roscoe2000
    replied
    Yes going the project route would be away, but for now I will only be dealing with three kits, and see no need to tie up any more resources than required, when there are other projects that are out there.

Instead of a project what if it is more family group so (1) anyone from outside could at a glance see that all the test kits are part of a common linage. (2) Provide a common pass word for multiple kits. This could be provided as a reduced versus of a Project, with out need to re-invent the wheel and start a full project. Even if there is a minimum one time fee, I'm sure those that there are in my situation that would be willing to pay it.

Originally posted by CAM View Post
    I do not know if people are aware of this if you have relatives in Family Finder you can start a family finder project which will give you a username and a password and you can go back and forth from one account to the other.
    Call FTDNA before you do that think about what you want the project to be called I use my last name. I am sure they will help you with it.

I can also see the MTDNA and the Y-DNA for those members who have taken those test as well
    all the people in my family finder project so far has taken the FF test.
    Hope this helps
    Cheryl

Leave a comment:

• MoberlyDrake
    replied
    I would love to have one log on for my account and the other 2 I manage!!! The other two family members aren't the least bit interested in DNA or genealogy. I'm trying to solve a non-paternity event. I often find myself logging out of one account, logging in to another, and then having to go back to the first account. Managing them all from one page would be great!!!

Carol Anne

Leave a comment:

• CAM
    replied
    Kit log on

Are there guidelines for Family Finder Projects? faq id: 870

Yes. Family Tree DNA would like every Family Finder Project to be a success. We ask that you consider these guidelines for planning and setting up Family Finder Projects.

The focus couple should be between four and seven generations In the past.
    The administrator(s) should be able to explain their goals for the project.
    The administrator(s) should have a descendant tree that shows potential test candidates.
    The administrator(s) should be able to describe their plans for recruiting cousins to test.

Cheryl

Leave a comment:

• CAM
    replied
    Multiple Kits

I do not know if people are aware of this if you have relatives in Family Finder you can start a family finder project which will give you a username and a password and you can go back and forth from one account to the other.
    Call FTDNA before you do that think about what you want the project to be called I use my last name. I am sure they will help you with it.

I can also see the MTDNA and the Y-DNA for those members who have taken those test as well
    all the people in my family finder project so far has taken the FF test.
    Hope this helps
    Cheryl

Originally posted by Roscoe2000 View Post
    I too could use this....for now I'm a working with three kits me, my fathers sister and my mothers brother.

I sure hope FT makes this available. Along with a common pass word, and common GEDCOM family tree as well..... would be nice

Leave a comment:

• Roscoe2000
    replied
    I too could use this....for now I'm a working with three kits me, my fathers sister and my mothers brother.

I sure hope FT makes this available. Along with a common pass word, and common GEDCOM family tree as well..... would be nice

Leave a comment:

• irshgypsy
    replied
    Definitely one login!

I manage 8 accounts, one log in would be fantastic!

Leave a comment:

• cjm95
    replied
    Universal Login

I agree!! Managing all kit numbers under one account name would be great.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X