More Statistics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Statistics

I'd like to see more done with the probabilities on the website. This was a valuable feature of Relative Genetics, before it was taken over by Ancestry.

As a member of a surname project admin team, I get many questions about what a particular match means. The answers invariably involve probabilities. I see the material that comes out of the "black box", but have no idea what went in or how it was processed.

Agreed

Darren provided some information the other day in another thread I found very useful, giving the range to TMRCA implied in an FGS match. I really appreciated that information. Similarly, I really appreciate the new FT DNA RCA frequency chart. I suspect there are many out there who knew all this already or know how to calculate it all, but I did/do not and I found it helpful. You can get there (TMRCA) with your Y matches but it requires steps. It woud be nice to see the range, but then I guess you can only squeeze so much on to a page, I suppose.

Comment

Medical aspects and implications

Had my Full Genome done and would like to find out some of the medical implications.... whether or not my mother's (and her mother's, etc.) medical issues are going to be issues for me, i.e. Parkinson's, immune disorders, rheumatological issues, thinning hair, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by radio1 View Post
        Had my Full Genome done and would like to find out some of the medical implications.... whether or not my mother's (and her mother's, etc.) medical issues are going to be issues for me, i.e. Parkinson's, immune disorders, rheumatological issues, thinning hair, etc.
        radio1,

Contact forum member Ann Turner: http://forums.familytreedna.com/member.php?u=126

She compiles reports based upon your mutations in the FGS. She'll explain what she does and does not do.

Comment

THANKS for the info

Comment

Working...
          X