Introduce a messaging system for communication between users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduce a messaging system for communication between users

Seeing as 23andMe.com has a feature where users can send messages to one another on the site, there's no reason this shouldn't exist at this site as well.
    I urge this site's techies to develop it ASAP.
    Such an alternative communication channel can prove immensely helpful in cases where emails cannot be delivered to the listed email address/s of some users, especially when there's no other way to get in touch with them in written form, such as a Facebook profile. I have exactly such a case and it's been enormously frustrating.

If this desire has been raised already, I hope you'll realize from this repeated urging just how important it is to introduce.

Great idea!

Comment

Great idea or not, Zvi_R_Z93 should submit the suggestion to Customer Support, since the forum isn't monitored by FTDNA as far as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by blanko View Post
        Great idea or not, Zvi_R_Z93 should submit the suggestion to Customer Support, since the forum isn't monitored by FTDNA as far as I know.
        That’s also a great idea!

Sorry for sounding like Mr. Sunshine, but great ideas are great ideas.

I have a couple of things I need to write FTDNA about.

Comment

Click on the user's name, and you get the option to send a Private Message.
          What more is wanted?

Comment

loobster, the request is to have a message system for matches, not in the forum (as you point out, we can already do that here in the FTDNA forum). At least that's what I think Zvi_R_Z93 meant.

Comment

If you click on the match's name you get their email address. MUCH better than any message system I have ever seen. I agree with loobster, we don't need another system.

Comment

Originally posted by blanko View Post
                loobster, the request is to have a message system for matches, not in the forum (as you point out, we can already do that here in the FTDNA forum). At least that's what I think Zvi_R_Z93 meant.
                I thought folks might not be aware they could send private messages to people in the Forum.
                I assumed everyone was aware that for DNA matches "If you click on the match's name you get their email address." and cannot imagine anyone not agreeing that is "MUCH better than any message system".

Comment

During more than one 'pre-Covid' annual conferences this has been voted on. The majority vote has always been for email addresses rather than a message system. We don't need to break a good system!

Comment

Working...
                  X