Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do you find the forums from the home page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you find the forums from the home page?

I have been coming here for years. However, I had not been to the forums for a few months and I can not find the link to get into the forums on the homepage. I had to google FtDNA forums. How are people supposed to find the forums?? Am I just missing it?

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the FTDNA home page and you will see "Forums" under "COMMUNITY".

Even worse there exists a FTDNA blog that no one ever reads or talks about.

Comment

I've been an admin since 2002. At one time every message FTDNA sent out had a link to the forum and the forum was monitored by a FTDNA employee. All of that has gone away. I find the forum each morning by clicking on the bookmark I saved for it. Of course, you have to find it first to be able to save a bookmark! I have never read the blog. I'm not sure if I even knew they had one.

Maybe they stopped mentioning the forum because there were negative post here from time to time.

The fastest way you can find the forum is Google.

Comment

Jim

There is a nice interview on one of the pages. I can only find it through google. I don't see community anymore on my page.

Comment

When I go to https://www.familytreedna.com/ and scroll all of the way to the bottom I see a 'Community' heading. Forum is under it. There is also an 'About' heading. Blog is under it.

Comment

You see Community with Forum down the bottom when you are not logged in.

Comment

I've noticed that, too. I never created a bookmark for it and it took some searching to find it. But one thing I noticed, though, if you logout of the FTDNA website, then scroll to the bottom, the forums link is at the bottom under community. So they must have removed the link for logged in users, but keep it available for public users.

Comment

Leave it to FTDNA to have the basic home page outline look different when logged in as opposed to logged out.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbirk View Post
                  Leave it to FTDNA to have the basic home page outline look different when logged in as opposed to logged out.
                  That is exactly what happens! You have to be signed out to get the opening page with all the selections and see the forums. Not good for someone who just got a kit and wants to find forums.....

Comment

Based on the sticky post in this forum, it looks like the forums are not the way to report bugs (despite the misleading title). I am posting this image here and sending it to customer service because it seems strange that they would only hide the links from customers that are logged in, and it should be an easy fix.

Footer.png

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
                      Maybe they stopped mentioning the forum because there were negative post here from time to time.
                      That's one way to keep from having to worry about moderating forums that people always complain about these days. Just don't tell anyone they're here.

Comment

Working...
                      X