Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feature request: include "in common with" start person in chromosome browser select

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature request: include "in common with" start person in chromosome browser select

I may have posted this request in the past and was disappointed not to see it implemented in the latest update.
    1. Starting with my match John Smith, I select "In common with".
    2. Now, I want to examine what segments are shared between those matches. I can check the box next to all the matches, but there is no checkbox next to John Smith!!!
    3. Instead, I have to open Chromosome Browser with the matches I can select, click "Update Selected Matches", search for John Smith, and click "Compare Relationship" again.
    This makes me think the people who programmed this tool don't use it themselves. Adding a simple checkbox would save 3 extra steps.

Attached Files

This always aggravates me too!

Comment

I came across the same problem when I started exploring the new features, but I discovered that if you check the box of 'John Smith' (in your example) when you first encounter him on the main list, and then choose the 'in common with' option for him, you'll get him along with the 'in common' people you chose in the chromosome browser screen.

Comment

Working...
      X