No announcement yet.

Connection with Geni has not worked since February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, its not working at all, it doesnt help if you contact them. I have contaced them over month ago, and it still doesnt work. Its has to be something to do with new FTDNA owner. Its been "broken" now 78 days.

Comment

91 days or Alternative time units

91 days can be converted to one of these units:
      • 7 862 400 seconds
      • 131 040 minutes
      • 2184 hours
      • 91 days
      • 13 weeks
      • 24,93% of 2021
      there have been lots of time to solve this.. but its still not solved.Wonder how many customers they are losing because this?

Comment

There is now a message that it's broken, when you try to couple your profile.

Comment

yep, this is really weird situation...Geni has also information of that brokeness if you try to link them . And still Geni is advertising/selling DNA tests which are made in Houston....

https://www.geni.com/dna-tests

now its 97 days when not worked...

Comment

Its not like this before. Delay maybe be caused by the pandemic that is going on..

Comment

now its 105 days.. I dont think its due to pandemic, nowadays is possbile to do remote work.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy69 View Post
                now its 105 days.. I dont think its due to pandemic, nowadays is possbile to do remote work.
                It could be plausible explanation if all of their software engineers had died because of COVID-19. :P

Comment

now its over 4 months last time worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy69 View Post
                    now its over 4 months last time worked.
                    I assume you know posting here doesn't do any good. Everyone who wants to see this problem fixed needs to be sending messages to support FamilyTreeDNA - Contact at least once a month, maybe once a week. Remember the squeaky wheel!

Comment

I am wondering if maybe it was on hold while they recalculated all of their figures for matching.
                      All those numbers Geni has no longer match the numbers FTDNA has now, at least if my matches are typical.

Comment

Originally posted by loobster View Post
                        I am wondering if maybe it was on hold while they recalculated all of their figures for matching.
                        All those numbers Geni has no longer match the numbers FTDNA has now, at least if my matches are typical.
                        One person got this response from FTDNA support yesterday:
                        "Unfortunately, for now, the Geni transfer option has been disabled.

We hope to fix this within the following months, but we do not have an official date."

So it seems that there won't be a quick fix.

Comment

Working...
                        X