Trees not loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trees not loading

Is anyone else having problems viewing Trees, I am using Chrome, Win 10, all that happens is it keep turning, cannot view a single tree

Just to reassure you, I'm having the same problem this evening.

Comment

Me too. I'm on a Mac, using Firefox. Also tried in Safari, none of my trees are loading, nor those of my matches.

Comment

One more vote. I'm also on a Mac, and my own tree never loads, only a white screen (well, I get a black bar, but no menu items for the tree). Clicking to see a match's tree, I get the black bar and menu items, but the page never loads, just a gray screen and endless wheel spinning. I tried it in Safari, Firefox, and even the Brave browser.

Ultimately, when trying to view a match's tree, I got an error message:
        Sorry, something went wrong.

Http failure response for https://treeapi.familytreedna.com/ap...ShareTreeLink: 0 Unknown Error

An error has occurred and we're working to fix the problem!
        We'll be up and running shortly
        Perhaps the tree function is down because they're working on it? We can hope. . .

Comment

Can confirm it is also completely dead on Firefox and Chrome on Windows 10.
          This is really unprofessional on the part of FTDNA, they should at least have a page which says this feature is currently down. Even a "404 page not found" would be better than how it is right now.

Comment

Ditto. The entire website is balky all the time now.

Comment

Mine is also not working, Windows 10 on Chrome, Edge an Explorer. I just got a reply from FTDNA about the issue
              "Thanks for contacting FTDNA about this error. I'm sorry that it is occurring. Our IT Department is working to get it corrected. We, unfortunately, do not have an ETA for their correction, but this is a top priority for our IT team and they are working hard to get these issues resolved as soon as possible. Thank you in advance for your patience while we work to resolve this issue, and I apologize again for the error."

Comment

Looks to be resolved, for the moment. Just tried 3 different ones an they all worked

Comment

Trees are visible, but can not edit or add. Tried to add a son, that is a match, kept getting the same error message as earlier

Comment

Still having problems. I have to agree, their IT staff is not resolving problems. Trees have been buggy for several weeks.

Comment

I have been co-administrator of a project at FTDNA for years. Today, we have a new project member. Thanks to the newer privacy constraints, I can't even view the family finder matches for this participant. Thanks to FTDNA's incompetent IT department, I can't view the new member's tree. I'm on the verge of giving up on FTDNA. I frequently get emails from people asking me which company to test with. Unless they want a Y DNA or mtDNA test, I strongly urge them to NOT use FTDNA. I wish they could learn something from Ancestry as to how easily a tree can be posted and navigated.

Comment

I've been getting the....

"Sorry, something went wrong. Error code: 500 . An unhandled error occurred. An error has occurred and we're working to fix the problem! We'll be up and running shortly."

..... since early December?

I forgot how long it's been, maybe November and I am disgusted in the entire changeover to Trees Version 2. How long it it going to take?

Comment

I joined FTDNA in 2015 and manage several kits on the site. The tree tool has always been a little clunky but it used to work. A few months ago they decided to change the design and also likely how it's programmed. The result, as we have been experiencing, is a tree tool that does not work. There is the odd time where I will log in and a match tree will load, but this is the exception rather than the rule. What surprises and disappoints me is for how long it has not been working.

Comment

Working...
                          X