FTdna cannot complete transfer after manipulation using MapMy23 tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTdna cannot complete transfer after manipulation using MapMy23 tool

A heads-up on FTdna position (or at least the position of one Supervisor in customer service) on MayMy23 tool:

I recently attempted unsuccessfully to transfer 2 new Ancestry autosomal data files. As in the past, I then used the MapMy23 tool and tried again; and the files appeared to be accepted. I also was able to pay the USD19 unlock fee for both. After days waiting and no results appearing, I decided to ask Support about their status. Their initial reply:
    "We apologize, but we cannot complete the transfer with the file provided and must remove the file from our database. [...] Please note that we do not allow manipulated transfer files. Please only upload raw data files directly from the supported testing providers."

So I have been waiting for a status change on the 2 individual profiles and with no action, sent another message on these open requests. Their second response:
    "Thanks for your response. FTDNA never wanted files that were run through a third-party tool like MapMy23. Any alteration of files through third-party tools will cause issues with how those files are read in our database.
    We're in the process of removing this bad file from our database. Once the removal has been completed, you'll be able to upload the unmanipulated file to the account."

Another few days waiting with no changes to the 2 profiles, so 3 days ago I emailed again asking for an update and instructions. No reply as yet. How long does it take to remove a "bad file"?
    Regards
    John
    Last edited by John-DownUnder; 20th October 2019, 10:51 PM.

Are you trying to upload/transfer these into an already set up account?
    If so, is there a reason to maintain account, ie)Accounts have yDNA and/or mtDNA results of tester associated with them.

If Accounts do not have any other FTDNA tested test associated with them, just create new accounts for these unaltered Ancestry Raw Data files.
    Last edited by prairielad; 28th October 2019, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by prairielad View Post
      Are you trying to upload/transfer these into an already set up account?
      If so, is there a reason to maintain account, ie)Accounts have yDNA and/or mtDNA results of tester associated with them.

If Accounts do not have any other FTDNA tested test associated with them, just create new accounts for these unaltered Ancestry Raw Data files.
      He said he paid the $19 fee to unlock them. Seems a shame to lose that.

Comment

Working...
      X