Joining Projects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining Projects

Normally if I've joined a Project and realise it just isn't for me, I click the delete under Manage Project - and you can remove yourself. This particular Project - when I go to manage Projects - when it opens up Stinson is NOT shown.

If I go to my home page scrolling down. Says PROJECTS - there it is glaring at me - Stinson.

It is dormant and there is no administrator and no one manages it.

What can I do?

To clarify -
    It does not appear in Manage Projects.
    It is visible on my home page - also when clicked it says I already a member.

T
    here's no way to unlink to the Project.

I've attached an image of the project.
    I've attached an image showing it on my home page
    I've attached an image showing my Manage Projects

Attached Files
    Discover your DNA story and unlock the secrets of your ancestry and genealogy with our DNA kits for ancestry and the world’s most comprehensive DNA database.

The heading on the page you show for 'Overview of Manage Projects' is 'Group Project Administrator Access'. As a results of 'GDPR' many projects no longer have an Admin. It appears these projects where dropped form the 'Group Project Administrator Access'. No need to be there if there isn't an Admin, except that does leave us without a way to remover yourself from the project. Of course being in a project you don't want to be in doesn't hurt anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
      The heading on the page you show for 'Overview of Manage Projects' is 'Group Project Administrator Access'. As a results of 'GDPR' many projects no longer have an Admin. It appears these projects where dropped form the 'Group Project Administrator Access'. No need to be there if there isn't an Admin, except that does leave us without a way to remover yourself from the project. Of course being in a project you don't want to be in doesn't hurt anything.
      It's just annoying as there's no activity and no facility for members to participate. I thought it may have been a glitch - reason I popped it in this topic field - "Features Requests & Bug Reports Area". So I'll just have to grin and bear with it until one day someone does something with the Project.

Thanks Jim for your reply.

Comment

You must remember that project administrators are volunteers. GDPR and the new terms of use it required was more than some of the admins want to put up with so they retired and no one has stepped in to take their place.

It is a glitch that there is not a way to remove yourself from a project. For now all you can do is contact the help desk and ask them to remove you from the project, wait until the glitch is resolved or volunteer to take over the project.

Comment

Thanks Jim, I don't have enough experience to take over a project. So for now I'll sit and wait and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
          X