finding forums

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finding forums

When I first tested DNA years ago with FtDNA I found the forums very helpful. I still enjoy coming and asking questions as they arise or just reading what other people are doing in their searches or answering a question. In my opinion the forums and help made me a loyal customer to FtDNA and thus I have tested 7 family members and recommended FtDNA to friends. However, I have to say that at this time I find it hard to find the link to the forums. The link should be displayed on the DNA home page or the Dashboard page somewhere. Maybe I just don't see it. However, I do think it is a good tool to have handy and promoting the forums would be helpful .

A link to the forums is on the FTDNA home page, at the bottom, under "Community." I don't recall if there has ever been a link to the forums on the Dashboard page, though. I agree that it would be a good idea to do so, and probably to have it displayed more prominently on the home page.

Comment

When you are on the dashboard page it is impossible to get back to the main FtDNA page

Comment

You could bookmark the FTDNA home page, since FTDNA is making it hard to get there. There is also a link to the home page when you are signed into the forums (but not your account), to get to the home page; it's at the top right, as "FamilyTreeDNA.com."

Usually when I'm on the FTDNA website, clicking on their company logo in the upper left corner will take you to the home page. I don't know why they don't keep the link with that image working that same way in the forums, and when users are logged into their accounts, but I agree that they should have a way to go to the main site on all pages. I think the logo link did so in the past, on the dashboard page. It's a sign of inconsistency in website design. A link should look and behave the same way on all the pages.

Comment

Actually if you are signed in and go to the FTDNA home page the bottom of the page which contains the link for the forums and other things does not appear. You have to sign out and then sign in to the home page. I can find it but other people can't and I think that the forums are one of the best things about FtDNA. Just trying to help get more testers. They can fix it or not.

Comment

Cats, with your Join Date of Oct 2006, you are to be commended for your continuing loyalty to FTDNA.
            Last edited by Biblioteque; 7th December 2018, 05:52 PM.

Comment

When logged into your GAP page, scroll down to the bottom and click on Learning Centre.
              Then you can click on Resources at the top of that page and click on Forums.
              Its very confusing, as Forums does is not listed under Resources when your in the GAP page.

I usually check out the forums before I log into my account. Its just easier. (Why do FTDNA makes things so hard??)

Comment

I agree a prominent forum link would be beneficial and I have passed this suggestion along.

-Darren

Comment

Thank you very much, Darren!

Comment

I just saved a link to the forum in my favorites YEARS ago and it still works. I never have to hunt for a link.

Comment

Working...
                    X