Highlight potential matches in tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highlight potential matches in tree

When I go to view someone else's tree, it would be really useful if there was a button to compare my tree and the other person's tree, generating a list of potential matching people based on name, location(s) and date(s). The match list could be sorted by how good of a match it is (at the top should be exact matches on all information, at the bottom should be matches on only one piece of information), and I should be able to click on the match to bring me to that portion of the tree.
    Last edited by Brad Hurley; 4 October 2018, 08:03 AM.

If you use name to filter, you miss NPE possibilities and other non-normal circumstances. I take a StarTrek approach. I look for intersections in the time-space continuum.

Jack

Comment

Jack, you are absolutely correct, and I am not suggesting anything that would prevent anyone from searching the way we are now, which can include looking for NPEs. But in order for me to determine whether I should be considering NPEs, I first need to look for the people who I think are my relatives, and if that comes up empty then I can broaden my search.

I also phrased my request in such a way that this search might be able to find an intersection in space-time. This tool could be a way to identify people who were living in the same place at the same time as one or more of our own relatives, even if the name doesn't match.
      Last edited by Brad Hurley; 4 October 2018, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X