New Matches Not Showing Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Matches Not Showing Problem

For 8 days my number of Family Finder matches was steady at 987. Yesterday it increased to 992.

When I sort by Match Date I only see 4 new matches.

I can't figure out how to determine the alleged fifth new match.

A match must have been added and backdated.

Any one else see this happen?

Another possibility - someone changed their permissions so now they are included whereas before they were not included, so were not being counted.

Yes, I also now and then note the count does not go up the amount it "should" - sometimes I see fewer new ones than I "should", as in your case - sometimes I see more new ones than I "should". Not sure if I have seen it off by more than one within recent memory - but that may have something to do with how often I check.
    Have not gone back to re-check them all.

Comment

Thank you for your answer.

People changing their settings make sense. Since it was not one of my top matches I will never know who did it.

This has happened before, but I didn't have a saved record of number of matches to raise a documented question.

The odd thing is people changing their settings seems to coincide with visible new matches.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbirk View Post
        Thank you for your answer.
        The odd thing is people changing their settings seems to coincide with visible new matches.
        That is exactly what changing the settings does.

Comment

No, it does not as they do not show as a visible new match.

That is the point of my post. My match count went up by 5, but I only see 4 new matches.

I have no way to determine (make visible as new) that 5th match.

Comment

There are features to download your matches. If you do that once in a while and save it to a spreadsheet, you will have benchmarks of your matches which you can maintain a history. It is not the ideal solution, but it is an approach you can use.

Comment

advanced matching will show you your hidden matches
              They will only show last name with no contact info.(click on family finder sort arrow twice once family finder report run)
              This will show your matches which have chosen a privacy setting
              list is downloadable, but these matches are omitted from download, one has to manually check them (take a screenshot)
              Last edited by prairielad; 30 September 2017, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbirk View Post
                My match count went up by 5, but I only see 4 new matches.
                In Account Settings - Match and E-Mail Settings -
                "Make the following DNA matches available on my Family Finder matches page and show my profile/contact information to those matches. Also notify me about new matches by email (Immediate and Close only). "Yes" enables all of the above. "No" disables all of the above. "

If a person clicks "No" on any of the sections - then, on the regular match page -- he does not see those matches - and those matches do not see him - and they are not included in the Match Count.
                If the person changes his mind and changes a "no" to a "yes" - then suddenly they are visible and are included in the match count - with match date being date of processing finished, not the date they changed the setting -- so yes, someone changing their settings can explain match count going up by 5 but only having 4 new ones
                [ie - the 5 could be 4 new ones plus 1 old that was previously not shown and not counted]

Comment

Working...
                X