Unable to log in every time I try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to log in every time I try

I am unable to log in consistently to an account I administer. About the time Irma blew through I couldn't access the account and the password reset feature did not work. When I was able to access the account a couple of days later I chalked it up to storm related IT issues.

However, I'm trying to log in to the same account right now and I am unable to log in. I sent a help request the last time and never heard back.

Does anyone have any idea what's up with this and how do I fix it so I have regular access to the account?

And, BTW, I can access all my other accounts just fine.

Dawn
    Last edited by Dawn Newman; 23 September 2017, 04:49 PM. Reason: add detail

When you say you never heard back, how much time actually passed from the time you sent the request to now? Perhaps the password reset finally kicked in given that it was offline during Hurricane Harvey.

Comment

Just before Irma I could not access the account.

At that time I sent for PW reset. I tried sending for the password reset at least twice. When the reset email finally arrived, clicking on the link to go to the reset page did not work.

I sent an email to FTNDA and did not hear back.

About a week after Irma I tried to access the account again and this time I had access to the account and, no, I did not change the password from before.

Today I tried to access the account and cannot. The email to reset the password still has not arrived. It is not in the spam bucket. It has been about 30 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dawn Newman View Post
        Just before Irma I could not access the account.

At that time I sent for PW reset. I tried sending for the password reset at least twice. When the reset email finally arrived, clicking on the link to go to the reset page did not work.

I sent an email to FTNDA and did not hear back.

About a week after Irma I tried to access the account again and this time I had access to the account and, no, I did not change the password from before.

Today I tried to access the account and cannot. The email to reset the password still has not arrived. It is not in the spam bucket. It has been about 30 minutes.
        FTDNA was affected by hurricane Harvey not Irma. What you are experiencing has nothing to do with the weather. If the password reset isn't working for you your only option is to try customer service again to help you.

Comment

Also make sure you don't have the capslock key turned on. The password might be case sensitive. Also have the numlock key turned on if you are typing numbers. Another possibility is keyboard issues. I had something like that happen where some keys would react as if I had not pressed them.

I don't think their password reset is automatic so that is why I asked how long ago you had sent it. Might need to be done manually by customer support during the weekdays.

Comment

Working...
          X