Can't Download Family Finder Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Download Family Finder Data

I know I haven't reported it before, but I've been getting the "Server Error in '/' Application." Runtime Error when I try to download my parents' family finder concatenated data. The other ones show "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below." Their stuff is only the free upload from Ancestry. I can download stuff on my kit just fine. I've purchased Y tests on mine, so that might be a reason. My parents' kits are B70838 and B70840. I'd like to be able to download them and upload them to gedmatch. Also, wikitree has a thing with gedmatch too. Either way,
    Thanks for your help!

Why Not

If you have already downloaded their data from Ancestry why don't you upload those same files to GEDmatch.

Comment

Through gedmatch, I've noticed there are some people who match only one of the files even though they're exactly the same. I've already uploaded the files from ancestry.

Comment

As Jim Barrett mentions, if they are transfers, use original testing sites Raw Data to upload to Gedmatch.

Transfers Raw Data will contain less SNPs then original testing site.

Transfers (FTDNA Raw Data) will only contain the FTDNA tested SNP that are also tested in the original file.

All other SNPs that are tested by FTDNA but not in original testing sites file will be omitted or entered as no calls.

All SNPs in original testing companies file that are not tested by FTDNA are also omitted from Transfers FTDNA raw Data.

ie) FTDNA's testing chip contains around 716,000 Autosomal and X SNPs
        Ancestry file that tested on their latest chip tests around 671,000 Autosomal and X SNPs
        Transferring to FTDNA only 427,000 Autosomal and X SNPs are compatible and will be entered into the transfers FTDNA Raw Data file, the rest are omitted or entered as no calls.

Comment

Chrome (and Chromebook)

I am getting around this while running on a Macbook
          the web browser Chrome.
          However, I do all my work on a pair of Chromebooks.
          On Friday / Thursday, I noticed that I could get into FT-DNA (Login and such) on the large 17-inch Chromebook but NOT on the smaller 11-inch one.
          Neither is a touchscreen, although I do have third one that is, the smallest.
          Saturday, neither will allow me in at all - on Chromebook.
          The Chrome web browser on Macbook lets me in, obviously.
          This is serious.
          I live in Fairfax, VA

Originally posted by HoodedDemon View Post
          I know I haven't reported it before, but I've been getting the "Server Error in '/' Application." Runtime Error when I try to download my parents' family finder concatenated data. The other ones show "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below." Their stuff is only the free upload from Ancestry. I can download stuff on my kit just fine. I've purchased Y tests on mine, so that might be a reason. My parents' kits are B70838 and B70840. I'd like to be able to download them and upload them to gedmatch. Also, wikitree has a thing with gedmatch too. Either way,
          Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
          X