X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrisbonisa
    replied
    Originally posted by BigPhilly808 View Post
    Your are amazing!!!! So happy i decided to check this forum again!! I FINALLY was able to get my grandfathers raw data uploaded!!! MAHALO NUI LOA! (Hawaiian for Thank you VERY Much!)
    Na'u ka hau'oli!

Originally posted by RichardMW2 View Post
    Many thanks.
    I had this problem today for a cousin's DNA and the 23andMe tool fixed it.
    So glad this is helping people!

Leave a comment:

• RichardMW2
    replied
    Originally posted by chrisbonisa View Post
    This tool is for "fixing" a v2 file, which it sounds like is the issue you are having....

http://www.mapmy23.com/tools/ancestry_ftdna_fix.php
    Many thanks.
    I had this problem today for a cousin's DNA and the 23andMe tool fixed it.

Leave a comment:

• BigPhilly808
    replied
    THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Yeah I didn't notice the PM, but I've read and responded to it. I've built out a tool that seems to work 100%. The key to solving it is a combination of what I was doing before, filling in the blank template file of a working file with the data from the non-working one, but keeping the I's and D's from the template and not zeroing the entire thing and also filling everything in by position number instead of RSID, which is what I was doing the first go around.

I stuck it up on one of my websites where I'm doing some other DNA stuff, anyone can feel free to use it if they wish:

If you do use the tool, please respond in here and let others know if it works or not. So far in my testing its working 100%, but the more people that try it the more we will know if this is a solution until FTDNA resolves it themselves.
    Your are amazing!!!! So happy i decided to check this forum again!! I FINALLY was able to get my grandfathers raw data uploaded!!! MAHALO NUI LOA! (Hawaiian for Thank you VERY Much!)

Leave a comment:

• chrisbonisa
    replied
    Originally posted by mesamike View Post
    I see all these posts about converting V1 data to V2 format, but I've got a V2 format data set, and it still won't upload.

Here's the header:
    See anything wrong?

#AncestryDNA raw data download
    #This file was generated by AncestryDNA at: 10/07/2017 06:13:38 UTC^M
    #Data was collected using AncestryDNA array version: V2.0
    #Data is formatted using AncestryDNA converter version: V1.0
    #Below is a text version of your DNA file from Ancestry.com DNA, LLC. THIS
    #INFORMATION IS FOR YOUR PERSONAL USE AND IS INTENDED FOR GENEALOGICAL RESEARCH
    #ONLY. IT IS NOT INTENDED FOR MEDICAL, DIAGNOSTIC, OR HEALTH PURPOSES. THE EXPORTED DATA IS
    #SUBJECT TO THE AncestryDNA TERMS AND CONDITIONS, BUT PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE
    #DOWNLOADED DATA WILL NO LONGER BE PROTECTED BY OUR SECURITY MEASURES.
    #WHEN YOU DOWNLOAD YOUR RAW DNA DATA, YOU ASSUME ALL RISK OF STORING,
    #SECURING AND PROTECTING YOUR DATA. FOR MORE INFORMATION, SEE ANCESTRYDNA FAQS.
    #
    #Genetic data is provided below as five TAB delimited columns. Each line
    #corresponds to a SNP. Column one provides the SNP identifier (rsID where
    #possible). Columns two and three contain the chromosome and basepair position
    #of the SNP using human reference build 37.1 coordinates. Columns four and five
    #contain the two alleles observed at this SNP (genotype). The genotype is reported
    #on the forward (+) strand with respect to the human reference.
    rsid chromosome position allele1 allele2^M
    This tool is for "fixing" a v2 file, which it sounds like is the issue you are having....

Leave a comment:

• prairielad
    replied
    Originally posted by mesamike View Post
    I see all these posts about converting V1 data to V2 format, but I've got a V2 format data set, and it still won't upload.
    See page 18 of this post for fix

Leave a comment:

• mesamike
    replied
    My V2 kit doesn't upload

Here's the header:
    See anything wrong?

#AncestryDNA raw data download
    #This file was generated by AncestryDNA at: 10/07/2017 06:13:38 UTC^M
    #Data was collected using AncestryDNA array version: V2.0
    #Data is formatted using AncestryDNA converter version: V1.0
    #Below is a text version of your DNA file from Ancestry.com DNA, LLC. THIS
    #INFORMATION IS FOR YOUR PERSONAL USE AND IS INTENDED FOR GENEALOGICAL RESEARCH
    #ONLY. IT IS NOT INTENDED FOR MEDICAL, DIAGNOSTIC, OR HEALTH PURPOSES. THE EXPORTED DATA IS
    #SUBJECT TO THE AncestryDNA TERMS AND CONDITIONS, BUT PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE
    #DOWNLOADED DATA WILL NO LONGER BE PROTECTED BY OUR SECURITY MEASURES.
    #WHEN YOU DOWNLOAD YOUR RAW DNA DATA, YOU ASSUME ALL RISK OF STORING,
    #SECURING AND PROTECTING YOUR DATA. FOR MORE INFORMATION, SEE ANCESTRYDNA FAQS.
    #
    #Genetic data is provided below as five TAB delimited columns. Each line
    #corresponds to a SNP. Column one provides the SNP identifier (rsID where
    #possible). Columns two and three contain the chromosome and basepair position
    #of the SNP using human reference build 37.1 coordinates. Columns four and five
    #contain the two alleles observed at this SNP (genotype). The genotype is reported
    #on the forward (+) strand with respect to the human reference.
    rsid chromosome position allele1 allele2^M

Leave a comment:

• backdraftuk
    replied
    If you do use the tool, please respond in here and let others know if it works or not. So far in my testing its working 100%, but the more people that try it the more we will know if this is a solution until FTDNA resolves it themselves.
    Brilliant, I had been trying for two weeks to upload from Ancestry, read this and did it in minutes. That was 2 days ago but it has taken FTDNA 2 days to allow me to post here. So if joining the forum takes 2 days, how long will it take them to fix the upload?

Backdraft

Leave a comment:

• chrisbonisa
    replied
    Originally posted by Ann Turner View Post
    So those GEDmatch kits don't have the full complement of SNPs from the original AncestryDNA download (600K+). It looks like GEDmatch just uses whatever SNPs are present in its "template."

The reason I asked is that a fellow was wondering if he should upload his fixed kit to GEDmatch. I don't see any compelling reason to do that, do you?
    No, I don't really see a point in doing that, all you would be doing is losing a tiny percentage of snps for no reason

Leave a comment:

• JeremyGlen2017
    replied
    The converter on the website worked like a charm for my two kits that weren't uploading from Ancestry.

I tried the downloadable version, but it is stating that I'm missing a dll, and I don't feel like trying to figure that one out right now.

Thanks so much for getting these created!!

Leave a comment:

• Ann Turner
    replied
    435970 SNPs used for this comparison. <- original to itself
    435861 SNPs used for this comparison. <- original to fixed

This is using the one to one compare using these kits:
    Original: A084257
    Fixed: A179561
    So those GEDmatch kits don't have the full complement of SNPs from the original AncestryDNA download (600K+). It looks like GEDmatch just uses whatever SNPs are present in its "template."

The reason I asked is that a fellow was wondering if he should upload his fixed kit to GEDmatch. I don't see any compelling reason to do that, do you?

Leave a comment:

• chrisbonisa
    replied
    A question for those who have uploaded both an original and a fixed kit to GEDmatch:

Would you check to see how many SNPs are used when comparing the originals to themselves and how many are used when comparing the original to a fixed kit?
    435970 SNPs used for this comparison. <- original to itself
    435861 SNPs used for this comparison. <- original to fixed

This is using the one to one compare using these kits:
    Original: A084257
    Fixed: A179561

Leave a comment:

• Ann Turner
    replied
    A question for those who have uploaded both an original and a fixed kit to GEDmatch:

Would you check to see how many SNPs are used when comparing the originals to themselves and how many are used when comparing the original to a fixed kit?

Leave a comment:

• chrisbonisa
    replied
    Originally posted by KATM View Post
    I misread your earlier post, but I understand now. Must.get.more.sleep!
    LOL....its all good....thank you for that link, it explains some questions I had myself! Now I can totally see why they can't accept v5 23andme files. Its really a shame all of these companies can't agree on something closer to eachother, I understand they are all competing, but at the end of the day they are only hurting the consumer, they should really just focus on the tools they provide to build trees and find matches etc and use a more standardized dna sample. For example Ancestry is fantastic at building trees and doing ancestor research but awful at analyzing dna matches, while FTDNA is great at analyzing dna matches but terrible at building trees and doing research......ugh. And then we have GEDMATCH with some amazing tools but a gui design and usability that puts off the average user from using it actively(no offense to those guys, they do amazing work).

I may just end up building a tool that is a mixture of ftdna chromosome browser and their matrix tool but allows more people on it and ability to mark them and guess where on a tree line they are related. It would be nice to just upload all my matches somewhere and mark known people and it just starts figuring out how and where people are related automagically.
    Last edited by chrisbonisa; 25 October 2017, 07:36 PM. Reason: i was being mean

Leave a comment:

• KATM
    replied
    I've not seen this chart before(great info!), but it actually shows exactly what I'm talking about. If you look at the Ancestry v1 versus v2 you see 407,968 out of 641,908 are shared which explains the ~60% overlap between the two attempting to use this tool to build a v2 file out of a v1 file using a v2 template.

Technically we could build a tool to convert from any of these formats to another, but there would be so much discarded due to the lack of overlap, I'm not sure it would be worth the time.
    I misread your earlier post, but I understand now. Must.get.more.sleep!

Leave a comment:

• chrisbonisa
    replied
    I posted a link to your tool in several places, and there were a number of grateful responses!
    Yay!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X