X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prairielad
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsprobsma View Post
    Add me to the list, zipped or txt, new or old download, will not load here and same error message and advice to buy kit. Please help.
    Have you used the mapmy23 tool to convert ancestry raw data to format ftdna will accept?

Leave a comment:

• mrsprobsma
    replied
    Ancestry uploads elsewhere but not here

Add me to the list, zipped or txt, new or old download, will not load here and same error message and advice to buy kit. Please help.

Leave a comment:

• prairielad
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnTF View Post
    This is on files that failed first...As to whether the files were for any reason a different size and why, is beyond my understanding.
    At age 77 I try the simple route or ask someone

Leave a comment:

• JohnTF
    replied
    Originally posted by prairielad View Post
    Is this on files that failed to upload on initial attempt (using ancestry original unaltered file)?

Not all ancestry files fail to upload, it is just a subset that for some reason or other have less SNP within file, making it slightly smaller then the normal ancestry Raw Data file....these are the ones that FTDNA was rejecting
    This is on files that failed first...As to whether the files were for any reason a different size and why, is beyond my understanding.
    At age 77 I try the simple route or ask someone

Leave a comment:

• prairielad
    replied
    Since suggesting this on Facebook 18 people have had success (that I know of) The ( - ) before the date should also be removed.. Leaving dna-data On transfer it will read dna-data.zip
    Would be interested to hear if this "does/does not" work for anyone
    Is this on files that failed to upload on initial attempt (using ancestry original unaltered file)?

Not all ancestry files fail to upload, it is just a subset that for some reason or other have less SNP within file, making it slightly smaller then the normal ancestry Raw Data file....these are the ones that FTDNA was rejecting

Leave a comment:

• JohnTF
    replied
    Since suggesting this on Facebook 18 people have had success (that I know of) The ( - ) before the date should also be removed.. Leaving dna-data On transfer it will read dna-data.zip
    Would be interested to hear if this "does/does not" work for anyone

Leave a comment:

• chrisbonisa
    replied
    Hello, I'm a new member to the forum.

My answer to the problem people have transferring Ancestry raw data to FTDNA ….

When you download raw data from Ancestry it adds the date of transfer to the zip file Title.. ie: dna-data-2018-03-03 You Need to REMOVE the Date -2018-03-03 then transfer zipped file dna-data to FTDNA

Kiss..(Keep it simple stupid)
    John we actually tried that when the original problems started happening and it didn't seem to matter. It would be wonderful if it were this simple though, thats for sure!

Leave a comment:

• Jim Barrett
    replied
    KISS

Those were the Good ol' Days.

Leave a comment:

• JohnTF
    replied
    error when uploading ANcestryDNA

Hello, I'm a new member to the forum.

My answer to the problem people have transferring Ancestry raw data to FTDNA ….

When you download raw data from Ancestry it adds the date of transfer to the zip file Title.. ie: dna-data-2018-03-03 You Need to REMOVE the Date -2018-03-03 then transfer zipped file dna-data to FTDNA

Leave a comment:

• hansonrf
    replied
    Only 13 matches

I Recenty unlocked an Ancestry transfer that has only 13 matches shown. There are thousands on GedMatch with 'same' upload. One big difference is that the Ancestry kit had to be 'processed' to work here using http://www.mapmy23.com/tools/ancestry_ftdna_fix.php Thank the author!!

This is NOT a knock at FTDNA or the conversion, for sure, but only a warning to others that the 'conversion' may be imperfect. Of the 13 matches identified by FTDNA, a few are also the strongest matches on GedMatch.

If I had a choice, I'd take more matches ID'd but with a suitable disclaimer. Sure wouldn't want a lot of false matches, though...

IMHO, Ancestry and 23andMe are driving a wedge in the utility of autosomal DNA for pecuniary interests.
    Last edited by hansonrf; 27th February 2018, 11:54 AM. Reason: fix link

Leave a comment:

• J David
    replied
    I'm always glad there are smarter people than me!

To Chrisbonisa: Thanks for the Ancestry fix! I got my results this morning and couldn't make any good connections on Ancestry. When I uploaded to FTDNA I got some verification on my hunches from some of my matches. Doesn't happen without your fix

Best Regards,
    Jeff

Leave a comment:

• chrisbonisa
    replied
    Originally posted by Ann Hayley View Post
    Have used the mapmy23 tool many times and even though I've used it for several kits, it isn't working for this one.
    I've also messaged the Forum contact 2 times and no reply.
    Hi Ann, sorry I didn't see your message, I did reply, I will try to help as best I can. It does seem that randomly FTDNA will not accept a small percentage of these converted kits. Unfortunately I've not found the problem yet, they seem to be in exactly the same format as the others and have the same number of snps etc, but I will keep looking!

Leave a comment:

• chrisbonisa
    replied
    Originally posted by EddyG View Post
    I, like many others, tried unsuccessfully to upload my raw AncestryDNA results. Each time I received the same error that has already been posted. Three downloads to two different computers using four different browsers--No Joy. I read this thread and tried the link below, and it worked. I had to wait to post this comment until my account was activated for the Forums.

Thanks to whoever created this workaround.

Semper Fi

http://www.mapmy23.com/tools/ancestry_ftdna_fix.php
    Glad you got it working!

Leave a comment:

• chrisbonisa
    replied
    Originally posted by Sunblu View Post
    Just wanted to say Thanks to "chrisbonisa" for creating the fix for the AncestryDNA upload problem, it worked great for four of my newest kit's !!!!!

Also kudos to FTDNA for allowing 3rd party uploads!!!
    You are very welcome!

Leave a comment:

• Sunblu
    replied
    Thanks For the Mapmy23 Fix!!!!

Just wanted to say Thanks to "chrisbonisa" for creating the fix for the AncestryDNA upload problem, it worked great for four of my newest kit's !!!!!

Also kudos to FTDNA for allowing 3rd party uploads!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X