• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ann H
    replied
    Still not working...

Originally posted by Ann H View Post
    I am having exactly the same problem - took the same actions, with the same results. I got my DNA results from Ancestry on 15th May 2017 if that is any help. No problem uploading them to Gedmatch.

Update 10.55 GMT:
    I just downloaded my results from Ancestry again - in case something had changed since yesterday - and got the same error message uploading to FamilytreeDNA.
    Update 19th May:
    It is still not working - I just tried again. Please can someone from FamilyTreeDNA respond? Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• migoblu
    replied
    Keeps happening with the same error.

Originally posted by Darren View Post
    It looks like there was an issue with certain files from Ancestry being too short in terms of not having all of the data normally included in the file. Re-downloading the data should correct this problem, but I cannot rule out that Ancestry has not changed something recently. If you still have the same problem after re-downloading please let me know.

Has anyone received this same error with any recent 23andme transfer?

-Darren
    Family Tree DNA
    Darren, this same errors keeps happening, after 4 tries of downloading. I had no problem uploading the same file to GEDmatch.com. Thanks for any help.

John Hale

Leave a comment:

• Ann H
    replied
    Exactly the same problem

Originally posted by kevincmeade View Post
    I re-downloaded the a new raw file from Ancestry, and when I attempted to upload it to FamilyTreeDNA, it gives me the exact same error:
    "The specified file 'dna-data-2017-05-18.zip' could not be uploaded. The file is an unsupported version or in a corrupt/malformed format. Please place an order for Family Finder or download the file and try again."

The confusing thing for me is that I was successful at uploading the same file to gedmatch, so the file couldn't be corrupt if they were able to process it correctly.
    I am having exactly the same problem - took the same actions, with the same results. I got my DNA results from Ancestry on 15th May 2017 if that is any help. No problem uploading them to Gedmatch.

Update 10.55 GMT:
    I just downloaded my results from Ancestry again - in case something had changed since yesterday - and got the same error message uploading to FamilytreeDNA.
    Last edited by Ann H; 18th May 2017, 05:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• kevincmeade
    replied
    I re-downloaded the a new raw file from Ancestry, and when I attempted to upload it to FamilyTreeDNA, it gives me the exact same error:
    "The specified file 'dna-data-2017-05-18.zip' could not be uploaded. The file is an unsupported version or in a corrupt/malformed format. Please place an order for Family Finder or download the file and try again."

The confusing thing for me is that I was successful at uploading the same file to gedmatch, so the file couldn't be corrupt if they were able to process it correctly.

Leave a comment:

• Darren
    replied
    It looks like there was an issue with certain files from Ancestry being too short in terms of not having all of the data normally included in the file. Re-downloading the data should correct this problem, but I cannot rule out that Ancestry has not changed something recently. If you still have the same problem after re-downloading please let me know.

Has anyone received this same error with any recent 23andme transfer?

-Darren
    Family Tree DNA

Leave a comment:

• Judyc1999
    replied
    Same problem uploading Ancestry DNA to FTDNA

Just for the record, I received the same error message when I tried to upload Ancestry raw DNA to FTDNA. Please fix this problem ASAP!

Leave a comment:

• migoblu
    replied
    Thanks, Darren.

Originally posted by Darren View Post
    Hello,

I sent an email to my manager to see what may be going on with this. I will let you know what I hear.

-Darren
    Family Tree DNA
    Thanks, Darren.

Leave a comment:

• Darren
    replied
    Hello,

I sent an email to my manager to see what may be going on with this. I will let you know what I hear.

-Darren
    Family Tree DNA

Leave a comment:

• kevincmeade
    replied
    I received that exact same message yesterday and today after trying to upload my AncestryDNA results to a new account I just created. I was able to successfully upload the exact same file to gedmatch, so I'm not sure why it says it's the wrong format or corrupt. I was under the impression FamilyTreeDNA was able to accept Ancestry's new format that changed last year, as I was able to upload others from the new format.

Leave a comment:

• migoblu
    started a topic Get error when uploading ANcestryDNA

Get error when uploading ANcestryDNA

I get this error when trying to upload raw DNA file from AncstryDNA:

The specified file 'dna-data-2017-05-13.zip' could not be uploaded. The file is an unsupported version or in a corrupt/malformed format. Please place an order for Family Finder or download the file and try again.

Any idea of what to do? Thanks for any help.
Working...
X