Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get error when uploading ANcestryDNA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Error uploading Ancestry Zip file

    I've received an error message for months that my ancestry results were incompatible to upload to FamilyTreeDNA. I used the mapmy23 link provided in this forum yesterday and voila! the resulting zip file worked. Now, I have not confirmed whether the results provided are correct; maybe others of you have? It certainly would have been better for Ancestry or FamilyTreeDNA to have "officially" fixed the bug but, for now, this is all I have to work with. Thank you to whomever developed the mapmy23 program.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ltd-jean-pull View Post
      Perhaps you need to clear your cache. The link works for me.
      How weird. I had cleared my cached and had even switched browsers and was still having the issue. I switched to my phone and could see the page just fine! I had to use the mapmy23 program, but I was able to get my file uploaded. Thanks!

      Comment


      • Many thanks for the Mapmy23 Tool

        I've been trying for a week to upload an autosomal transfer. I'd downloaded the Ancestry file several times with no luck/ After stumbling across this Thread I tried the tool with success! Thank you very very much.

        Comment


        • I've been trying since December 22

          Have used the mapmy23 tool many times and even though I've used it for several kits, it isn't working for this one.
          I've also messaged the Forum contact 2 times and no reply.

          Comment


          • The Mapmy23 Tool worked for me! Thank you so much, the error message was driving me nuts.

            I'm annoyed with FTDNA, though; why offer a service if, to use it you have to upload your information to a third party tool* to tamper with, with all the security issues it raises?

            *(thanks again to whoever made the tool. My beef is not with them)
            Last edited by gloubiboulga; 26th January 2018, 12:56 AM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by gloubiboulga View Post
              The Mapmy23 Tool worked for me! Thank you so much, the error message was driving me nuts.

              I'm annoyed with FTDNA, though; why offer a service if, to use it you have to upload your information to a third party tool* to tamper with, with all the security issues it raises?

              *(thanks again to whoever made the tool. My beef is not with them)
              Why would you be annoyed with ftdna because you can't follow instructions they dont support that version and they post that

              Comment


              • If you want to use a 3rd party tool that's on you not them

                Comment


                • Originally posted by gloubiboulga View Post
                  The Mapmy23 Tool worked for me! Thank you so much, the error message was driving me nuts.

                  I'm annoyed with FTDNA, though; why offer a service if, to use it you have to upload your information to a third party tool* to tamper with, with all the security issues it raises?

                  *(thanks again to whoever made the tool. My beef is not with them)
                  Let me get this straight. You're annoyed with FamilyTreeDNA that Ancestry changed the format of the DNA file they allow you to download?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by gloubiboulga View Post
                    The Mapmy23 Tool worked for me! Thank you so much, the error message was driving me nuts.

                    I'm annoyed with FTDNA, though; why offer a service if, to use it you have to upload your information to a third party tool* to tamper with, with all the security issues it raises?

                    *(thanks again to whoever made the tool. My beef is not with them)
                    That is amazing. You are mad at FTDNA because Ancestry changed their file so it would no longer work. Why should FTDNA not support the transfer. It still works for the files from Ancestry before Ancestry changed their file. Is there any change that you are mad at the wrong company?

                    Comment


                    • MapMy23 WORKS

                      I, like many others, tried unsuccessfully to upload my raw AncestryDNA results. Each time I received the same error that has already been posted. Three downloads to two different computers using four different browsers--No Joy. I read this thread and tried the link below, and it worked. I had to wait to post this comment until my account was activated for the Forums.

                      Thanks to whoever created this workaround.

                      Semper Fi

                      http://www.mapmy23.com/tools/ancestry_ftdna_fix.php

                      Comment


                      • Thanks For the Mapmy23 Fix!!!!

                        Just wanted to say Thanks to "chrisbonisa" for creating the fix for the AncestryDNA upload problem, it worked great for four of my newest kit's !!!!!

                        Also kudos to FTDNA for allowing 3rd party uploads!!!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Sunblu View Post
                          Just wanted to say Thanks to "chrisbonisa" for creating the fix for the AncestryDNA upload problem, it worked great for four of my newest kit's !!!!!

                          Also kudos to FTDNA for allowing 3rd party uploads!!!
                          You are very welcome!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by EddyG View Post
                            I, like many others, tried unsuccessfully to upload my raw AncestryDNA results. Each time I received the same error that has already been posted. Three downloads to two different computers using four different browsers--No Joy. I read this thread and tried the link below, and it worked. I had to wait to post this comment until my account was activated for the Forums.

                            Thanks to whoever created this workaround.

                            Semper Fi

                            http://www.mapmy23.com/tools/ancestry_ftdna_fix.php
                            Glad you got it working!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Ann Hayley View Post
                              Have used the mapmy23 tool many times and even though I've used it for several kits, it isn't working for this one.
                              I've also messaged the Forum contact 2 times and no reply.
                              Hi Ann, sorry I didn't see your message, I did reply, I will try to help as best I can. It does seem that randomly FTDNA will not accept a small percentage of these converted kits. Unfortunately I've not found the problem yet, they seem to be in exactly the same format as the others and have the same number of snps etc, but I will keep looking!

                              Comment


                              • I'm always glad there are smarter people than me!

                                To Chrisbonisa: Thanks for the Ancestry fix! I got my results this morning and couldn't make any good connections on Ancestry. When I uploaded to FTDNA I got some verification on my hunches from some of my matches. Doesn't happen without your fix

                                Best Regards,
                                Jeff

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X